No announcement yet.

Update on Phil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually i was the thinking that i rather play MSU out of indiana state, UNI, and MSU
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
      Originally posted by ShockerInKC
      According to the Eagle, Evansville has the tiebreaker because they beat CU.
      right now they, do but things can still change in the valley standings
      And that involves us winning in Des Moines on Saturday, on senior night, and on the day they cut down the nets as Valley champions.

Now, what do you expect the odds of that happening to be?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        And that involves us winning in Des Moines on Saturday, on senior night, and on the day they cut down the nets as Valley champions.

No it doesnt, we are one game up right now. Indiana State winning their last two or Bradley beating Creighton could change to have us winning the tiebreaker.

Evansville still has to beat UNI for any of this to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          I'm worried about playing MSU on Thursday.

You have every right to worry. We will not beat MSU.
          Not very often, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

We played very well w/o Phil last night. I think Coach finally found something he liked (outside of Ellis settling for 3's) in the MB/LH/PJ/AE/RC line-up.

You will not find 2 seniors who want to win in St. Louis more than Matt and PJ, and have the capability of pulling it off almost by themselves. We could easily win it all, or lose our first game based on how they play.

When you add in the strong play of Ramon, and the continued growth of Aaron, I think we could be a 3 or 4 game team in St. Louis. We said all along that our best games would come at the end of the year, and with a win at Drake, on Senior Night, the night they cut down the nets, with no pressure on us, and finally completing a full effort in conference play.......

Let's just say that I will feel bad for whomever's side of the bracket we are on....

Or we could be just a side note to someone's run to the NCAA.

I'll take the former.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
            Originally posted by ShockerFever

No it doesnt, we are one game up right now. Indiana State winning their last two or Bradley beating Creighton could change to have us winning the tiebreaker.

Evansville still has to beat UNI for any of this to matter.
            Oops.

I forgot that we beat UE last night.. :roll:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Actually we hold the tiebreaker as of right now. The tiebreaker if its still the same as the past is...
              20 pts for beating the 1st place team on the road and 19 at home
              18 pts for beating the 2nd place team on the road and 17 at home
              16 pts for beating the 3rd place team on the road and 15 at home
              etc....

Creighton is 4th giving UE 13 pts for winning at home
              UNI is 7th giving UE 7 pts for winning at home ** assumed for this tiebreaker

Bradley is 5th giving WSU 12 pts for winning on the road
              Ind St is 6th giving WSU 9 points for winning at home.

UE 20 pts and WSU 21 pts

*** I didn't include wins over MSU and our split with UE since they would cancel out***

Comment

So the Wichita Eagle is wrong as of today, everything could change as fast as this thread went in this direction away from Phil's update on his foot. Sorry for the hijacked thread.

Comment

and to think I read this whole thread to find out how Phil was doing

Comment

Me too ShockFan, but ABC has ADD

Comment

Does anyone actually know anything about his MRI?

Comment

He has a damaged tendon. Did not show anything torn that I heard. He may or may not be able to play this weekend.

Comment

If it's questionable I saw we just sit him on saturday and let him play in the Lou.

Maybe he could suit up to play in case of emergency or something but there's no sense on risking it for saturday.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think I have finally figured out HCGM's strategy for this year with Phil be added to our long list of disabled or semi-disabled bodies.

He probably figured out pretty quick that this year was going to be a rough transition year with the true rebuilding to commence next year.

He decided to use up all of his bad luck over the next decade in one year and take all of his medicine at once. Not sure how he made it happen, but their is something strange going on in the Shocker neighborhood.

Possibly down to 7 scholarship players, and 2 or 3 of those belong to players who may or may not be true D-1 talents. A recruit dies in front of HCGM's very own eyes. Who would have ever predicted the bad luck we have absorbed this year. Surely we have our bad luck account paid forward for a number of years.

Comment

Phil received a cortizone shot today. He does not know if he will play this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X