No announcement yet.

Design Pictures for Koch Arena expansion and Athletics Student Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could buy removing the yellow trim that is currently in the photos if the suites aren't symmetrical to the court. Given that the pillars already exist around the entire arena, the vertical separation of suites won't stand out and without the bright trim the suites wouldn't immediately catch the eye as being substantially different from the rest of the arena.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Not a single person has commented on the destruction of Cessna
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        Not a single person has commented on the destruction of Cessna
        Do you mean the idea of tearing it down? I know the long range plans are to take down the east part at least the steel seating and building a parking garage but the renderings of the new building don't show the west side coming down to accommodate the new building.

Comment

I love the suites but I do not see the trap-doors in the court from where the lions and tigers will jump out.

Am I missing something?
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

Symmetry is a wonderful thing and is certainly not to be snickered at (you know like two eyes that match on members of the opposite sex and other body parts), but perhaps we ought to be a little more concerned as to what brings in the bucks for running the BB program and maintaining it at the highest level, and that is fans in seats.

Are they going to raise the roof with help from the $4.5 million so that we can increase seating for at least another 3,000 fans or so, or is the plan to simply to make necessary in-house upgrades?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              Symmetry is a wonderful thing and is certainly not to be snickered at (you know like two eyes that match on members of the opposite sex and other body parts), but perhaps we ought to be a little more concerned as to what brings in the bucks for running the BB program and maintaining it at the highest level, and that is fans in seats.

Are they going to raise the roof with help from the $4.5 million so that we can increase seating for at least another 3,000 fans or so, or is the plan to simply to make necessary in-house upgrades?
              This is upgrades to sell tickets for more money and to impress recruits.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Folks lately seem to be confusing other posters' disagreement with getting chased by a crowd with pitchforks.

Just because someone attacks your point doesn't mean they're attacking you.
                It's really grating on my nerves. I don't understand this rash of bizarrely defensive posts lately that make this illogical correlation between disagreement and personal attacks.

We all communicate in text. If you are attacked, there is textual evidence of such an attack.

Anywho, the center looks great. I can see the asymmetrical complaint regarding the skyboxes, but I don't think it's a big deal. It might look a little odd once it's deployed, but I guess we'll see.
                Last edited by Rlh04d; December 20, 2014, 06:26 PM.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                  I've not seen them personally, but I hear that with the money Phil Knight poured into U of Oregon's facilities they believe that if they can JUST get the recruit to come out and look, they've got them, at least for football. Haven't seen the new basketball arena he built, but I've gotta believe that financial commitment to facilities helped lure Dana Altman there.
                  From what I've heard, if they can JUST get the recruit over to the gym for a little women-watching, they've got them. Plus the bag of marijuana that comes standard on all recruiting trips.

(One of my best friends flunked out of Oregon for a reason. It wasn't the academics.)
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    From what I've heard, if they can JUST get the recruit over to the gym for a little women-watching, they've got them. Plus the bag of marijuana that comes standard on all recruiting trips.

(One of my best friends flunked out of Oregon for a reason. It wasn't the academics.)
                    I'd flunk out too if those were an option :)

Comment

Is this visual on the discussion about symmetry?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Cool. Thanks for the update. Hopefully they'll get rid of the ladder (:23). LOL

Comment

Ladders.

Comment

Aint nuthin but trouble, brother!

Comment

Daaaaayyyuuuuummmm. That place is the

and I wanna

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X