02-25-08 Coach's Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02-25-08 Coach's Show

Here are some comments from the coach's show.

HCGM said the offense has been getting better since Matt has returned. He said that with Matt and Lance in they can put a little more pressure on people which helps with the tempo of the game.

Mike mentioned Ramon having career highs his last two games. HCGM said that Ramon has taken it upon himself to get in the gym and work on his game. He said that Ramon had the best practice of the year today. He said he dominated the practice today. He said he told the team how Ramon has been getting up at 6 o'clock each morning to work on his game. He said he asked how many others had been doing that and that three raised their hand. He said one of those was a senior. He said the other two will be back next year. He said if the last two games are any indication, that Ramon is setting himself up for a pretty good senior year.

About the technicals that Ramon has gotten in the last two games, HCGM said that Ramon came in today and they had a little powwow about his technicals. He said Ramon told him that he didn't say anything to the kid, that the kid elbowed him, and that he put him arms straight up to show the referee that he wasn't going to get involved in that. But they called the double technical. On the technical at Indiana State, HCGM said that the referee told him that Ramon said something to the kid. HCGM asked the referee what he said and the referee said he didn't know, that he didn't want him talking. He said the referee claimed he had warned the two players earlier to not say anything to each other and when he saw Ramon's lips move, since he saw it from the other side of the court, he assumed something had been said, not knowing what it was, and that it was worthy of a technical in his eyes.

There was a question about whether there were any recruiting connections with Coach Eck at Cowley County. HCGM said that he had the opportunity to meet coach Eck this spring. That he's been over to the offices. He said hopefully he'll be at the game tomorrow. He said there was a conversation between coach Eck and his staff about coming over to the game with a couple of his players. He said they actively recruited a kid that they had and said they probably should have taken him knowing what the know now. He said they have a relationship there at Cowley County and would like to have a relationship with all the coaches in the Jayhawk league.

No news on Ehimen. Still hopeful, and I believe he said he's now in Lagos (has he always been?).

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
      No news on Ehimen. Still hopeful, and I believe he said he's now in Lagos (has he always been?).
      I still don't believe this guy exists. I'll have to see him set foot in Wichita for that opinion to change too. :good: :D
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I hope the EO saga comes to some sort of conclusion before the spring signing period. I think this is crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
          Has he asked Coach Marshall for his bank account # yet?
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hahaha I loved the part where he asked the ref what the technical was about and the ref proceeds to tell him " I dont know"

hahahahahahaha

Next person to ***** about somebody bitching about the ref deserves to get their respective shat slapped.

Comment

Talk of Coach Eck makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                  I don't know anything about the guy personally...but all he does is win. If he produces winners and good D1 prospects....I'm all for a relationship with Cowley.

Comment

I talked to Ramon a couple of days before the game Saturday and he told me that he feels like a Senior and that it's his time to step up. He also said that he's in the gym at 5AM every morning. It's paying off. He is playing like a beast and if he continues, he should have a MONSTER senior season.

Comment

He must be spending a good chunk of that extra time working on free throws. He's made 9 of his last 9 FTs going back to his final attempt during the SIU game, bumping his season avg from about 51% to 57.6%.

Comment

Thats the bad thing about alot of Juco players, is it takes them pretty much a whole season to adjust to the play D-1 basketball. I really do think now that RC is really starting to come on, he will average in double figures in points next year.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I don't know if he'll average double-figures in scoring but I'm sure he'll get close, improving on his 6.6 average this year.

I think 9 ppg and 9 rpg would make a very nice senior campaign for Ramon.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                            Originally posted by ABC
                            I don't know anything about the guy personally...but all he does is win. If he produces winners and good D1 prospects....I'm all for a relationship with Cowley.
                            You're preaching to the ‘Cold’ choir...
                            SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                              Originally posted by ABC

I don't understand the problem that people have with Steve Eck. His players maintain their classwork and every player that played at Redlands got a scholarship to continue their basketball at a higher level. The guy has won at every school that he has coached at. Can someone enlighten me on the problem with Eck?

Comment

Working...
                              X