X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeWillShockU
    Originally posted by NCAABound
    Originally posted by ABC
    Talk of Coach Eck makes me a bit sick to my stomach.
    I don't know anything about the guy personally...but all he does is win. If he produces winners and good D1 prospects....I'm all for a relationship with Cowley.

I don't understand the problem that people have with Steve Eck. His players maintain their classwork and every player that played at Redlands got a scholarship to continue their basketball at a higher level. The guy has won at every school that he has coached at. Can someone enlighten me on the problem with Eck?
    My problem with Steve Eck is he is the strangest ranger I have ever spoken to.

I believe he had something to do with UMKC's coach getting fired while he was the asst hoping to get the job.

He took two recruits away from WSU, Brandon Polk and Taj Gray that could've helped WSU immensely. I hope the same folks who are pissed at Turgeon re Bowles are pissed at Eck for the same reason.

The guy calls posters on Shockernet when he is criticized.

I don't trust the guy. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU
      Originally posted by NCAABound
      Originally posted by ABC
      I don't know anything about the guy personally...but all he does is win. If he produces winners and good D1 prospects....I'm all for a relationship with Cowley.

I don't understand the problem that people have with Steve Eck. His players maintain their classwork and every player that played at Redlands got a scholarship to continue their basketball at a higher level. The guy has won at every school that he has coached at. Can someone enlighten me on the problem with Eck?
      Ok.... here's one: he was the coach at Wichita South when I went to school at Heights and they were a HUGE rival of our's. We only beat them once--my senior year in a thriller at Garvey Gym over at Friends.

So, I guess I dislike him only because he was the coach of our hated rival (sorry to any South fans--they were excellent during that time)! But actually, if it wasn't for that, I'd have no problem with him!

:D

Comment

Very odd bird, he cannot take critism at all. First met him about twenty years ago and could never figure him out. He is a winner on the court for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          Oh c'mon now. The funniest posts I've ever read on this board took place when Eck came up as a potential replacement for Turgeon. :D

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
            Very odd bird, he cannot take critism at all. First met him about twenty years ago and could never figure him out. He is a winner on the court for sure.
            I would think that being the head coach of a basketball program, on any level, and not being able to take criticism would be a contradiction.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I know it is hard to believe, but when you have gotten one of his phone calls explaining everything- you will believe.

Comment

Agree. If Coach Eck wins then who cares. So what if he can't take criticism. So what if he apparently got someone fired? So what if he stole recruits. He wasn't a coach that bolted and took recruits with him. He took recruits from a D1 to a juco. Now that's the kind of recruiter I want at my school.

He is a Winner!

Everyone hates him becasue he has won at everything he has done. Is he a cheater? I don't think so. But if he is it has certainly no been proven.

Is he weird?

Who cares.

And most importantly, I think people don't trust him and dislike him because he is the kid of Rusty. What's he gonna do about that.

Comment

Don't hate him because he won,hate is a little strong. I worry about how he would react with the stress of a D1 job which is alot more than a juco.

Anyone on here ever take his basketball class at South high? Only for players until a female student forced her way in. Thought it was pretty funny, only know this because I knew her.

Comment

I went to south during the Mark Potter Regime.

I was there when Terrell Benton was getting schooled by Javin Tindall at Sub State. :D

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                      No news on Ehimen. Still hopeful, and I believe he said he's now in Lagos (has he always been?).

I think he said Lego land :D 8) 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

On the pregame show tonight someone asked about the status of Orukpe. I thought Mike mentioned that some Congressmen and the State Department were involved. I was going to go back and listen to the archives to verify the wording, but I guess the pregame portion isn't saved.

Comment

I graduated from South just before Eck became the coach but I went to many South high games and sat by the bench to hear him talk to his players. He was always in control and got his players to relax under pressure situations. The guy can really coach. I know that when he was at South he basically adopted one of his players that didn't have a stable home life. The kid went on to play college basketball and got his college degree. I don't see how anyone can hold what his father did against him.
                          He may be wierd but he is a winner on the court. I don't know that he really took those players away from WSU. If they went Juco they probably didn't have the grades.

Comment

We know for a fact one did and I think the other would have had he taken the test again.

Still, Eck has some issues and the whole UMKC thing is reason enough to stay away from him. Let him stay at the JUCO level and maybe get one of his kids from time to time. But that's as close as he needs to be.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

During the radio cast, Coach Marshall stated that two players had mailed it in, in the N. Arizona game.

Does anyone know who he had in mind?

Comment

coaches show

I believe that would be Mekel and possibly Durley.

Both played like sh*&T today.

Mekel's mind appears to be in Tel Aviv right now

Comment

Working...
                                X