Games moving to KEYN FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
    My house sits right on the KNSS night time red line in Marion county. I haven't been able to get a signal after sundown, ever. KEYN will be welcome by me. It will be nice to listen away from my laptop.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

In layman's terms...

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I didn't see you at the reunion. If I had known you were filming, I would have put on pants.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
          You beat me to the punch, MVJ. Some AM stations like WOAI in San Antonio are designated Clear Channel stations and are allowed to broadcast at full power at night, whereas other AM stations have to power down at sunset. The radio guys I used to work with said this was because of additional communications needed for aviation after sunset, but it could be for other reasons. What I do know is that additional distance is able to be gained by AM because something about the wavelength allows it to bounce off the troposphere and gain additional coverage - WOAI's nighttime coverage used to extend to just outside Seattle because of this.
          Ionosphere. AM transmits by ground during the day and at night, a change in the ionosphere transmits over the air. At night the signal will bounce along the earth and ionosphere. With the right soil composition and a good clear night, a clear channel station in the US could be picked up in Newfoundland, even further. Non technical terms, but close to how it works. If Wichita had an AM blowtorch with 50,000 watts at night, that is where you would want Shocker broadcasts.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Crap. WstateU posted a picture of how it works. Probably better than my explanation. Anyway, some AM stations have to power down at night for the clear channel station. Originally, clear channel stations were there to broadcast information across country. Theoretically, people in Kansas would get breaking news from New York, so on and so forth. There are far more clear channel stations on the East coast than the Midwest or West. Antiquated system, but some AM stations have priority and others have to power down so they don't interfere with the clear channel.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I looked up all of the AM stations in the US with the 1330 frequency and there are a bunch, none of which are bowtorches. There is one in Missouri and several in Texas. My guess is that KNSS has to power down at night so it doesn't walk over other stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                Coverage patterns superimposed to scale. KNSS Nighttime = bolder lines

Wichita looks slightly larger than Enid and Topeka in that picture. Tulsa and JoCo looks huge. Whadupwitdat

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Whadupwitdat
                  The base reflectivity gamma waves cause perceptual distortion.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                    I didn't see you at the reunion. If I had known you were filming, I would have put on pants.
                    WHY WOULD YOU EVER GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT PANTS

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      That monkey is packing some heat
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        That monkey is packing some heat
                        Here is some HEAT :love_heart:

Capture.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Here is some HEAT :love_heart:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1618[/ATTACH]
                          Is that the redhead from Under the Dome?

Rachelle Lefevre

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Have seen this posted before, but it simply is not accurate.
                            No it's pretty accurate except the big ass black hole over Wichita is over downtown instead of West Wichita.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wichita is wedged between 2 major 50k watt stations: KOA Denver & KMOX St Louis. Most nights you can listen to Rockies/Broncos & Cardinals.

Wondering what the deal is with shockerradio.com - The site is gone

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                                Wichita is wedged between 2 major 50k watt stations: KOA Denver & KMOX St Louis. Most nights you can listen to Rockies/Broncos & Cardinals.

Wondering what the deal is with shockerradio.com - The site is gone
                                This is the only thing I found.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Audio of all Wichita State volleyball matches for the 2014 season will be available on GoShockers.com for free.

The shockerradio.com website that was used in the past is no longer in use

Comment

Working...
                                X