College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown

Joel Welser has done this for at least a dozen years now on the various iterations of his website, but the research has been noticeably better the last couple seasons. Kind of a fun time killer if you're starved for a little hoops preview in the offseason.

Here is a link which updates daily with a new team until the seasons tips off.

So far he has analyzed the MVC teams below:

#91 - Missouri State (projected 5th in the MVC)
    #110 - Indiana State (projected 6th in the MVC)
    #131 - Evansville (projected 7th in the MVC)

OOC Opponents:

None previewed so far.

Pretty sure I've seen this discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find a thread for it.

Surprised to see MSU picked fifth behind SIU and ISUr
    Livin the dream

Comment

Agreed. Also, if Evansville finishes 7th this year they should probably just Jonestown themselves.

Comment

It would be a welcome change to rub a high win % of perhaps 18/32 games in the top 100 in the face of the naysayers.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          It would be a welcome change to rub a high win % of perhaps 18/32 games in the top 100 in the face of the naysayers.
          No kidding. And the Valley really needs to be good this year in particular with all of this uncertain landscape

Comment

Evansville will finish top half this year, but very little separates 3rd from 8th.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Evansville will finish top half this year, but very little separates 3rd from 8th.
              I agree. I see them finishing ahead of both MSU and INS, but as you say little separation between 3rd and 8th as has been the case in recent seasons.

Comment

Do we have an official Valley predictions thread yet?

I know two things for now. WSU is good and it's really hard to identify an obvious last place team. Drake?

I suppose when every team gives you reason for hope, that means it should be a better year overall, right?

Comment

If MVC teams #2 through #5 all finish in the top 100, I'll be thrilled.

Comment

They list MSU's scoring offense at 68.5 ppg and 5th in the conference. They were 238th nationally?!! That means half the conference was worse then 238th .. which is seriously scary.

Comment

I have to think Loyola will bring up the caboose next season. I think Drake's coach will keep them out of last. But they both seem to be mortal locks for Thursday games in St. Louis.

Comment

I have to think Loyola will bring up the caboose next season. I think Drake's coach will keep them out of last. But they both seem to be mortal locks for Thursday games in St. Louis.
                        Loyola would be my choice as well.

Comment

Loyola had a glaring whole in the paint last year. They addressed it with a good JUCO and freshman. We will see how that works out, but I would pick Drake for 10th and Loyola for 9th.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Sounds like Bradley is vying for that 10th place spot with the injury to their big center and the other player with his off the court issues

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              Sounds like Bradley is vying for that 10th place spot with the injury to their big center and the other player with his off the court issues
                              They have several other injury issues as well: Cunningham (top 100 frosh), Grier, and one of their JUCO wing guards. The other JUCO wing guard is not yet on campus. Six of their 13 scholarship players are unable to participate currently and three of them are new to the team.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X