Great Gregg Marshall Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
    I didn't realize the Valley suspended the referee that made the goaltending call at the SIU game from two years ago. Anybody happen to have a clip from that? I'd like to see it again.
    Only one I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNtpLXUN2jo

Comment

Repay angry

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Geez that was a horrible, horrible call.

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
          I didn't realize the Valley suspended the referee that made the goaltending call at the SIU game from two years ago. Anybody happen to have a clip from that? I'd like to see it again.
          Here is another one I found.

GEEZ! That really was a horrible call.

This belongs in the WHAT IF thread, but what if that play is called correctly, and WSU goes on to win in overtime...or if the guys keep the foot on the pedal and blow out the Salukis? Coming off a win going into that year's homecoming, maybe X and AC wouldn't have needed to rip the guys a new one and tell them to PLAY ANGRY...thus, a great slogan might never have come to existence.
          78-65

Comment

Very true. Maybe it was a good thing we lost that in the long run. Although the 12-13 team was so hard to figure out, especially considering the Evansville loss on senior night about three weeks AFTER our three game losing streak.

Thanks for both of the clips. The ball was still on the way up and Marshall was letting them know it. I'm happy to see what I saw then matches up with what I see now.

Comment

The really bad thing about the call was that it was made by the trailing referee who had by far the worst angle to view the trajectory of the ball.

Comment

KGSO 1410 AM said that HCGM will be on their PM local sports program tomorrow (8/6). I believe that they said the time would be 5:05 to 5:25.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Gregg Marshall interview on local radio. Starts at 5:05 PM today on 1410 AM:

@kgsochris: Today on the Press Box, Wichita State University Head Men's Basketball Coach Gregg Marshall will join Paul and... http://t.co/SKAezqPevr

Comment

I missed the interview. Any info is appreciated
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Coach spoke a lot about how much he and his family like living in Wichita and its come to the point that they think of Wichita as their home. He said he could even retire here. WSU to him is a big time program. Spoke a lot about the support of the administration and the community is outstanding. He likes the fan base in Wichita because of their passion for basketball, knowledge of the game and financial support. He said Eric Sexton is a great athletic director. Eric came to him when he just started in the position and asked Gregg what makes a great AD. Gregg told him take a personal interest in your staff and show that you care for them beyond the W's and L's. Give them the resources to win and then stay out of their way. Spoke about his and Lynn's care for people that are less fortunate and that is why they support the Wichita Children's Home, and even related it to his own personal circumstances in his childhood. Overall a pretty good interview. They did not discuss X's and O's or even the roster. The focus of the interview was to show support and appreciation for coach on more of a personal level.
                      Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 6, 2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Interesting interview. Clearly Coach Marshall and family are happy here. Talked about how on the plane back from South Carolina recently they realized that (even though SC had formerly been home) arriving back at Wichita was truly coming home. Also, talked again about what a great place this has been for his kids. As mentioned above, HCGM has clearly missed the Shockernet poster chatter that we could do better than Eric Sexton. Talked at some length about what a great AD Eric is and how he provides an environment in which their are no excuses not to win. Obviously there are no guarantees that Gregg will be here forever but he sounded more likely to stay for the long haul than he has in any other single interview I have heard with him.
                        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                          Interesting interview. Clearly Coach Marshall and family are happy here. As mentioned above, HCGM has clearly missed the Shockernet poster chatter that we could do better than Eric Sexton. Talked at some length about what a great AD Eric is and how he provides an environment in which their are no excuses not to win.
                          You shouldn't try to re-write the narrative that some on here have tried to present. What does Coach know?

Comment

SEXTOOONNNN!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X