Redshirt or Sunrise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    There is another factor that a player might consider although some might say a minor consideration. What is the best educational option for the young man? Perhaps a year in prep school would be of benefit to the player in terms of his education needs and maybe prepare him for the rigors of classes and basketball at the D-1 level over the next 4 years so he is more likely to stay eligible once he is part of the team.

Education. BAhahahaHAHAHAH HAHAHA OHOOHOooHoooHooooo ahahahahahha .... good one 72 ... good one ... eh heh hheh hehe heh

Wait . . . You're serious.

BAHAHAHhahahahahaha ahaha ohohohohoh ... ah let me catch my breath

;) I'm funnin'. It's a legit concern that us uberfans so easily forget. But based on education we better send them to Sunrise. Our alma mater graduated @pogo: for poop sake. How seriously can you take her education?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Our alma mater graduated @pogo for poop sake. How seriously can you take her education?
      Good point, however, I would probably make @pogo: look like a valedictorian so I hate to rag on the old alma mater too much.

Damn glass houses.

Comment

Good point, however, I would probably make @pogo: look like a valedictorian so I hate to rag on the old alma mater too much.

Damn glass houses.
        Hahaha

Comment

A redshirt provides more security as far as a committment by the recruit. Our coaches and returning players would benefit by seeing this guy play on a daily basis.

Sunrise is an acceptable option especially when regarding available scholarships.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

The improved relations with Sunrise warm me to the idea of our recruits going there for a year. Retaining the red shirt is also attractive. Let's not overlook that, like Zack Brown, a year at Sunrise does not isolate the player from HCGM and the program's influence, including prescriptions from Rosenboom and off season scrimmages. Also the Sunrise player can take in most all games at Koch and locker room chat before/after tilts.

This is a tough decision that has to be individual specific obviously. Will be interesting to size up Mr. Brown this year, especially early. Will he appear to be advanced compared to his freshman peers?

Comment

How about we make this moot and steal some of Kentucky's 5 star recruits out from under 'em?

Comment

This could also lead to the pipeline of players in the undergrad program at Sunrise.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Wait, so according to this poll, 2/3 of shockernet is disappointed that Hamilton went to Sunrise? :)

I'm pretty happy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Wait, so according to this poll, 2/3 of shockernet is disappointed that Hamilton went to Sunrise? :)

I'm pretty happy about it.
                    Except this poll was not about Eric Hamilton specifically. The main thing is that Eric follows through and signs a new NLI in November. If he does, then I think everyone will be quite satisfied.

If he re-opens his recruitment, which I do not think will happen but you can never say never, then it might not seem like such a neat thing.

Comment

The main thing is that we are better off with Nurger than with Hamilton.

Comment

I think that our plans are to get both of them so why create a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          I think that our plans are to get both of them so why create a problem?
                          Yep! Nurger will have the opportunity for more PT this year than Hamilton would have..,plus, we nabbed a solid post for this year and a solid stretch 4 for next!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Nurger is a dream come true recruit. Go back to the recruitment of Stephen Hurt and the staff was working very hard to sign a 6'10" type. We were wringing our hands over a lot of bigs in the Recruiting Forum. When a 6'10" HS player appered on the radar, they were getting a lot of fan attention.

Nurger just flat appeared out of nowhere, so there wasn't time to get a couple hundred posts of enthusiasm worked up for him. Had we been recruiting him all along, I'm confident there would be double-digit pages of posts about him.

This is the 6'10" HS recruit we were all wanting - and we got him. Hamilton agreeing to an extra year of development is the icing on the gravy, if I can strain a phrase that badly to make a point.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              The main thing is that we are better off with Nurger than with Hamilton.
                              Hopefully, we will be better off with both of them. But Nurger probably does fill more of a need this year than Eric would and there is no doubt if having Eric spend a year at Sunrise is the price we pay to land Rauno than I think the Price Is Right.

Especially with Eric seemingly totally intent on becoming a Shocker.

Comment

Hopefully, we will be better off with both of them. But Nurger probably does fill more of a need this year than Eric would and there is no doubt if having Eric spend a year at Sunrise is the price we pay to land Rauno than I think the Price Is Right.

Especially with Eric seemingly totally intent on becoming a Shocker.
                                Then after Hamilton finishes his one year at Sunrise, he can Come on Down to WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X