No announcement yet.

#2 SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy I messed up the title of the thread. Wish I could correct it. Mods please do so if possible.

Comment

#2 Shooting guard. Awesome
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Does he have the PG list out yet? You have to think Fred wouldn't be any worse than #2 on that one. Holy crap that's crazy to think about. I remember how excited I was about that Braeuer/Ogirri backcourt and being able to have that duo for 2 more years. I expect better results with this one, although I wouldn't be shocked if we only get to see the FVV/Baker duo for 1 more year.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Boy I messed up the title of the thread. Wish I could correct it. Mods please do so if possible.
          Yeah you did. Everyone knows Fred is #1
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            #2 Shooting guard. Awesome
            Awesome that all three Kansas D1 SG are ranked in the Top 10 - Baker; Selden; and, Foster!

Comment

Fred is #7 PG.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Fred is #7 PG.
                Trivial facts are trivial.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  I remember how excited I was about that Braeuer/Ogirri backcourt and being able to have that duo for 2 more years. I expect better results with this one, although I wouldn't be shocked if we only get to see the FVV/Baker duo for 1 more year.
                  Braeuer and Ogirri were really good, at least as long as Ogirri kept his wits about him and contributed positively. Baker and FVV are bigger, stronger, better, tougher defensively, and more consistent, and they're very possibly the best pair of backcourt leaders WSU has ever had at one time. We're watching WSU history made in front of our eyes, and it's fun to see.

Your concern about two years is legitimate, and it would be more so if (as the article said) Baker were 6-5. But he isn't, and that may be a blessing in disguise for Shocker fans.

Comment

Should be interesting to see Fred matched up with #2 PG on that list. But there is no way there are half a dozen better PGs in the land than Fred.

Comment

Both Fred and Ron truly deserve all the praise and publicity that they are receiving because they have earned it.

They are both tremendously talented and outstanding young men who have given their all for WSU, game after game, after game.

I would hate to see it happen that they leave after their junior years for the NBA from purely a selfish standpoint.

But, who could blame either one of them if they do. I'm sure that there is not a fan amongst us who will not wish them tremendous success in whatever decision they eventually make and for their future careers as well.

All we can do is to enjoy them and cheer for them as long as we have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Fred is #7 PG.
                        Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Should be interesting to see Fred matched up with #2 PG on that list. But there is no way there are half a dozen better PGs in the land than Fred.
                        OK. I did an of the cuff comparison of 6 of the first 7 PGs. I left out Mudiay and will leave it to you on whether an unproven DI player should be ranked.

I compared 9 stats from last year: PPG, APG, TPG, A/T, FG%, FT%, 3p%, SPG, and RPG. I gave 1 point for best, 6 points for worst in each category, then divided by 9. SN ranking in ().

VanVleet: 2.333 (7)

Staten: 2.555 (3)

Wright: 3.111 (2)

Paige : 3.677 (1)

McConnell: 3.77 (6)

Harrison: 5.55 (5)

Having 3 first place rankings were Wright (FG%, SPG, RPG) and Staten (PPG, APG, 3p%), FVV had 2 (TPG, A/T), and Paige had one (FT%).

Every player had a least two 5th or 6th place rankings, except FVV had none (also had only one 4th).

Harrison had one 4th (FT%) and all the rest were 5th and 6th place finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          OK. I did an of the cuff comparison of 6 of the first 7 PGs. I left out Mudiay and will leave it to you on whether an unproven DI player should be ranked.

I compared 9 stats from last year: PPG, APG, TPG, A/T, FG%, FT%, 3p%, SPG, and RPG. I gave 1 point for best, 6 points for worst in each category, then divided by 9. SN ranking in ().

Having 3 first place rankings were Wright (FG%, SPG, RPG) and Staten (PPG, APG, 3p%), FVV had 2 (TPG, A/T), and Paige had one (FT%).

Every player had a least two 5th or 6th place rankings, except FVV had none (also had only one 4th).

Zing!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Mike likes to talk in numbers. Should e-mail those. I bet he responds with SOME numbers, but mostly intangibles. At that time, you can light him up with things like Final Fours, undefeated regular season, etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X