What else can Marshall try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else can Marshall try?

I've got an idea, maybe each of the team needs to see a Hipmotist ! :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :)

That's a really hip idea. You must be our local hipster!! ;-) :lol:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I was once Hipmotized. I was at the old "Baby Dolls" and the dancer kept shaking her hips in my face. I was hipmotized and gave her a shiny, wrinkled, one dollar bill.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Re: What else can Marshall try?

Originally posted by tbaldwin14
        I've got an idea, maybe each of the team needs to see a Hipmotist ! :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :)
        I've got a good idea. You should go to bed, so you won't fall asleep during spelling class again. That way you won't misspell a word so badly that you get made fun of on a fan forum.

JK

Comment

Hip-Hip--Hooray!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think any talk about blaming Coach Marshall needs to stop.

You can look at his record at Winthrop to know he has a system that works.

You can look at the 1st half, and first part of 2nd half of so many games this year to see that these players are capable of playing within the system, and being successful at it.

You can look at the energy Coach and the staff bring to the table each and every game.

You can't expect everyone to be on every game, but for about 12 mins of this game, when we came from down 7 to up 21, it was very good basketball. These players played like Coach Marshall wants and expects his players to play. Get off him.

But there was no FIRE in this team!! When you are on a team that has had such a frustrating season, you should want to bury a team on their home floor for all the bad bounces, questionable calls, lucky shots, injuries, transfers, people giving up. You should want to walk out of there with a 40 point win. Let them accuse you of running up the score. UP THIERS!!

Outside of Ramon and Matt, I didn't see anything that resembled a team that had any heart, or pride left. Coach Marshall cannot make a person play with heart. Either they can or they can't. He can't make them shoot any more free throws after practice (Where Phil has made as many as 97 out of 100, and PJ and JT both well over 80).

I don't think it will be very long before Coach tells us point blank what he thinks about next year. It won't be nice. People will be upset. But you know what...they will get over it.

Winning will come. You can see it in the way they played for that 12 minute stretch and see that it will come. You can look at Coach McKenna and the FEAR IN HIS EYES watching WSU play they way they did for that 12 mins. He knows the wins will come for WSU, and he is trying to figure out what he is going to do to try to stop it.

Get off Coach Marshall.

This one is on players. All players. The ones on the floor, the ones on the bench, the ones on crutches, the ones on plane rides out of town. This team doesn't cheer for each other, they don't pump each other up, they don't believe in each other.

But they did raise their game for 12 minutes, and give any fans that had any doubts about the future something to look forward too.

Comment

Bump that!!!!!!! Actually, this team get's so very close to a win and then------3-OT losses in a row is hard and frustrating to us all. This would upset fans at any Program. The difference is this. The fans will fill the Chuck to the brim on Senior night. This has been a tough year, but the fans will keep on trucking. We have the right Coach and I know he will turn us around.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

There is no sense to spend time trying to figure out what this team can do or analyze what GM is trying to do. This team lacks talent, is not very good, and and you could put Coach Wooden out there to direct this team and still get the same result.

We suck bad this year, plain and simple and when no talent teams go up against teams with talent they lose. There's the answer.

Comment

What else can Marshall try? Recruiting.

Turgeon recruited to his system. A system ran by role players - no stars. You run motion offense and man defense. That's all there is to it.

Marshall will recruit to his system. A system ran by playmakers, on both defense and offense. Athletic, strong, tough guys who can impose their will during a game and execute basketball plays. A system where weight-training and other key aspects are not optional. A system where an ability to mentally handle executing different defenses and offenses with fluidity is mandatory.

Comment

Isaso, that's about what every coach in the MVC does. Marshall doesn't have some super secret plan that will yield absolute great results, he is just a squirrel trying to find a nut, as the saying goes.

Stop and think for a minute!!! Think about where Drake was last year, and then think where they are this year. Most of what I see in Drake this year, is a different approach to the game, which is probably because of Keno. His dad, although a past successful coach, wasn't having success with Drake.
                    He turned the reins over to Keno, who then interjects his own philosophy, and suddenly they are greatly successful.

Did they recruit that good? Just average, I would say, but they are successful on the court.

I see some improvements in our team, like Clemente and Ellis as the season wears on, Gal fluctuates, he improved, then regresses, then improves, then regresses. Matt is our most consistent all around player, even though PJ can do everything on the court at times.

The team does not handle pressure defense very well from an opponent, a definate weakness with our team, the coach needs to fix that. We get killed on matchup zone defense sometimes, the coach needs to fix that too.

It seems like we come up with temporary solutions for the game after, but forget those solutions the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th game after the one we used it to solve a weak point.

And I do not believe that our team shoots 90% average in FT in practice.

Comment

Well, excuseeeeee me! Obviously, your parents didn't install any manners in you. I guess when you're perfect you don't need manners or kindness.

Comment

I think Marshal,like Turgeon when he first came here from a smaller conference, was taken by surprise by the level of play and the quality of coaching......He is bringing in better players and I believe he will respond to the challenge of coaching in the MVC

Comment

The problem isn't needing better players, we just need tougher players that have the heart and confidence in themselves and thier teammates.

They showed for that stretch they were capable of doing it, then gave it away.

edit: Now, Coach is bringing in better players, but the ones that are here have shown that they are capable of competing and beating just about anyone. They have also shown they don't want it as much as the other teams in our league.

Comment

Well, excuseeeeee me! Obviously, your parents didn't install any manners in you. I guess when you're perfect you don't need manners or kindness.
                            Don't get your shorts in a bunch. If you get your feelings hurt this easily, a college sports message board is NOT the place you want to be.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nq...eature=related :cry:
                              SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                              X