What else can Marshall try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    I don't know what HCGM says during practice or at halftime but I will say that some coaches don't allow their team to give up. Case in point:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

T

...8)
    I love that video... it's been posted here numerous times. Unfortunately,
    we've had several leads at the half. I'm not sure it would be quite as effective with a 7 point lead at the half... I could be wrong.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You either have toughness and heart or you don't. There's only so much a coach can do if a player or players lack either or both of these.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There's no point in looking at Jr's or So's. there were only 2 of them who were at WSU last year.

Here's my tak on the Sr's.

PT - At Colorado State, Phil got some playing time and starts early in his Fr year. Around the middle of that season, Phil's playing time dropped dramatically. (That has a familiar look from PT's play at WSU). Evidently that got PT into CSU's coach's doghouse and Phil got around 3 minutes a game as a So on a team with an RPI of 242. PT is probably playing to his abilities and has a history of not finishing a season the way he starts it.

PJ - I suspect PJ is going through the motions of playing for Marshall and Marshall is going through the motions of coaching PJ. PJ was at his best when there was a 6'10" guy who demanded a double and a 6'8" guy who could nail 3's or drive and finish at the hoop. That left PJ a lot of open looks and open drives to the hoop. PJ can do a lot of things and was pretty much unstoppable when opposing teams had to concentrate on Miller and Wilson. PJ can't be the same player when he's the focus of the other team.

MB - Will play any style, accept any coaching, do anything. Still deserves and earns the "Sparky" nickname every game, but I think he's given up tyring to motivate the surrounding players who have pretty much decided to accept defeat if they make it look like a "respectable" loss.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Clemente told me tonight that he's getting up and going to the gym at 5:30 AM every morning and that he feels like a senior and now is his time to step up... That was refreshing to hear.

Comment

I believe CSU tried to make Phil a SF
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              I believe CSU tried to make Phil a SF
              Which is the position his size would put him at. Not at Center like on this team.

Comment

No, he's not a C. But he is a PF. He doesn't have the handles or quickness to play SF but at 6'7" is very capable of playing PF. But considering we have no height and little size on this team....

He would really benefit from having a true C on the team. As would most players on the team.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                  Bump that!!!!!!! Actually, this team get's so very close to a win and then------3-OT losses in a row is hard and frustrating to us all. This would upset fans at any Program. The difference is this. The fans will fill the Chuck to the brim on Senior night. This has been a tough year, but the fans will keep on trucking. We have the right Coach and I know he will turn us around.
                  amen.
                  The fans sound like they were after the msu loss.
                  Teams lose games. Expecially in first years.
                  Look at billy gallespie at Kentucky.
                  Hes struggling. hes gotta get his program into play.
                  All this marshall accusing must stop if you call yourself a shocker fan.

i think phil is like our most inconsistant player. seems like hes horrible on the road. missing layups and what not, getting rebounded all over. what is his deal when we play on the road.
                  "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                  CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Working...
                  X