The Grass is Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mike Krzyzewski makes $9.68 million..."

holy crap. That's twice as much as any football coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post

Yeah but Duke doesn't play football (well at least until recently)
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Yeah but Duke doesn't play football (well at least until recently)
        How much does Bill Self make? I don't think KU plays football either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post

Actually, late last year, Nick Saban signed a new deal for $7 million per -- in true SEC style, the school president called him the best investment they'd ever made -- and when he did one of the articles announcing the deal said that Forbes listed the three top-paid coaches in any American sport (college or pro) as NFL guys, led by Sean Payton of the Saints at $8 million. So apparently there are different ways of calculating what Coach K actually makes. But it's probably a pile, however it's defined or calculated.

No matter as to the exact numbers, though. As long as WSU keeps Marshall happy (which, of course, "you can't buy"), the grass will be as green here as it is for Mark Few in Spokane or any of those featured in the article. Interesting that Few wasn't in there, by the way -- maybe he's said, and proven by his actions for so long now, that he's staying at Gonzaga, that people like the ESPN pundits don't even think about him leaving any more. Maybe five years from now they'll be thinking the same of Marshall and not even mention him in their yearly speculation on who's staying and who's going.

Comment

Working...
          X