No announcement yet.

2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still betting on 2 buy games. We need a few of those games to help develop all the newcomers we have this year. Alabama and St. Louis are both candidates for a game at IBA if 3G decides he wants to go that way. Maybe we add an IBA game and 1 buy game. But if we were to add another H&H now would be the time to do it as our cache is about as good as it has ever been. Of course another H&H could also involve an IBA game to get the deal done. So their are lots of ways this could break.

Give Rick Pitino a call. A home (@IBA) and home with Louisville would be a home run. Plus they have the benefit getting the Shocks in Wichita while we are still trying to find our way with the newcomers.

Of course, Louisville isn't the only pretty girl that we could approach nor does it have to be a traditional blue blood either. Gonzaga, San Diego State, VCU, Villanova, Cincy, and Xavier come to mind as attractive options.

Whatever it ends of being I am really looking forward to watching this team play and develop over the next couple of years.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 25, 2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Give Rick Pitino a call. A home (@IBA) and home with Louisville would be a home run. Plus they have the benefit getting the Shocks in Wichita while we are still trying to find our way with the newcomers.

Of course, Louisville isn't the only pretty girl that we could approach nor does it have to be a traditional blue blood either. Gonzaga, San Diego State, VCU, Villanova, Cincy, and Xavier come to mind as attractive options.
      Would love any of those but doubt gonzaga would want to come to wichita twice in 2 years. But would be super cool to get that rematch!
      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• It sounds easy, doesn't it ? I have a feeling we've been out there shaking every coconut tree, hoping one would fall down so we could scoop it up.
        Last edited by shockmonster; June 25, 2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          It sounds easy, doesn't it ? I have a feeling we've been out there shaking every coconut tree, hoping one would fall down so we could scoop it up.
          No doubt. Another reason to lean toward 2 buy-in games to finish off the schedule. But you just never know when something might break our way. So I still hold out some hope.

Comment

• Andy Katz spoke about WSU's non-con schedule on the 3-point shot today and said that WSU is looking to buy two guarantee home games to fill out the schedule. I wonder if that means there will be no game at Intrust this year or if either Tulsa, St. Louis, Seton Hall or Alabama will be played at Intrust?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
              Andy Katz spoke about WSU's non-con schedule on the 3-point shot today and said that WSU is looking to buy two guarantee home games to fill out the schedule. I wonder if that means there will be no game at Intrust this year or if either Tulsa, St. Louis, Seton Hall or Alabama will be played at Intrust?
              Alabama would have the name appeal, even if the team isn't any better than the other 3 teams you lists. I would not want those other 3 at Intrust, particularly Tulsa or Seton Hall. Outside of us Shocker junkies, who cares about Seton Hall. Tulsa...been there, done that, beaten them (particularly after last year's beat down at their place). I don't think St. Louis has the name appeal like Alabama.

Comment

• Just still so surprised a Michigan, Michigan St. Arizona, Florida, UCLA, Texas or Carolina type team doesn't want to jump on a Big-time ESPN game at Intrust or Koch. Just weird.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                  Andy Katz spoke about WSU's non-con schedule on the 3-point shot today and said that WSU is looking to buy two guarantee home games to fill out the schedule. I wonder if that means there will be no game at Intrust this year or if either Tulsa, St. Louis, Seton Hall or Alabama will be played at Intrust?
                  Link
                  Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• So why the heck is Katz talking about this online instead of telling the ESPN marketing and promotion folks to get someone lined up with WSU for one of those openings? They know not to call Kansas, because they're afraid to take the bait and the bucks, but that still leaves a lot of big-time teams.
                    Last edited by WSUwatcher; July 11, 2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Holy cow have you checked out SIU's schedule for next year?

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I'm a fan of Barry, but that's flipping unforgivable. I'm calling right now to run the score up on the Dawgs for no other reason than the RPI drag they will be. Isn't there a penalty once again for that crap?

How many OVC schools are they playing?

Comment

• How in the world are they playing Tennessee State twice?
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Holy cow have you checked out SIU's schedule for next year?

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I'm a fan of Barry, but that's flipping unforgivable. I'm calling right now to run the score up on the Dawgs for no other reason than the RPI drag they will be. Isn't there a penalty once again for that crap?

How many OVC schools are they playing?
                          You said it best. Unforgivable.

@ SLU (24, but headed south in a hurry)
                          @ Tennessee State (298)
                          Yale (104)
                          UIC (317)
                          Kent State (212)
                          Olivet Nazarene (NA)
                          @ SIU-E (318)
                          Austin Peay (299)
                          @ SEMO (252)
                          Chicago State (260)
                          Tennessee State (298, because why wouldn't you schedule them twice right)
                          New Orleans (257)
                          Murray State (101)

Average 2013-14 RPI: 228.3

Comment

• FWIW, Bradley's OOC SOS last year was 302 and their average OOC opponent RPI was 205. Loyola's OOC SOS was 339 and their average OOC opponent RPI was 253.

Comment

• Maybe he just wants to have a good record for once to build confidence. It's super lame for us, but it's hard to keep a crew believing if they just constantly lose. I don't know.

There's pretty much no hope that they will be a good win next year... A schedule like that plus the MVC later will be a terrible schedule unless the MVC really shows up next year.

Sigh

Comment

• I hope they give barry the time he needs to rebuild that once proud program. I think that he is the right guy to do it, and if he needs to schedule soft for a year to build confidence and get back on the right side of things, then his people should give him a season to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X