Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuonzo finally Gonzo from the Dumpsterfire U.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VolNation is having a meltdown....in a bunch of different ways.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      I saw some poster that said UT should offer 3G $1.2M or $1.3M and call it a day - as in he'd be good-n-hired.

LOL... Delusional.
      Also delusional that they think they can offer 3million....which according to some posters they can not afford that right now.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I hope we can get Cal on the schedule now.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          Also delusional that they think they can offer 3million....which according to some posters they can not afford that right now.
          One poster said that there is no way that they could get him, because he's likely to wait for a job like NC State or OK State to open up. I wanted to register just to reply that he was still off the mark. They just keep throwing out names without any concept of what they're dealing with. And that isn't even considering that they just poisoned the well.

Comment

More delusion
            @jerrymeyer247: Talked w #247Sports Tennessee expert @Wes:rucker247. He feels Colorado coach Tad Boyle is high on the realistic candidate list for UT.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

But think about it like this: Martin up and left on his team without telling anyone. He was not there when the team was told that he would no longer be their coach. And yet, none of the players seem upset about the decision with four of them supporting their former coach publicly — and unsolicited.

That should tell you just how bad things had gotten in Knoxville."

More player tweets in the artcle linked.

@RobDauster: My take on Cuonzo to Cal: Martin and Tennessee was a marriage that needed to end, but it's not all on the fans: http://wp.me/p1aWjM-24tT

Comment

Using Grinchian vernacular, Martin even took the Who Hash. Seven-foot-1 center prospect Kingsley Okoroh, who committed to UT on Monday, tweeted within an hour of Martin’s departure that he, too, was off to Berkeley.

The Volunteers, apparently, would have been wise to look at the fine print when Martin said, upon removing himself from the Marquette search that, "Tennessee is where I want to be. That has never changed."

He made those remarks, after all, on April Fools' Day.

In the most deliciously ironic coaching carousel ride in some time, the University of Tennessee, both fan base and athletic department, somehow managed to get what they no longer wanted and exactly what they deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  More delusion
                  @jerrymeyer247: Talked w #247Sports Tennessee expert @Wesrucker247. He feels Colorado coach Tad Boyle is high on the realistic candidate list for UT.
                  seeing a couple mentioning boyle, marshall, or smart with marshall and smart being top "wants"

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Using Grinchian vernacular, Martin even took the Who Hash. Seven-foot-1 center prospect Kingsley Okoroh, who committed to UT on Monday, tweeted within an hour of Martin’s departure that he, too, was off to Berkeley.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...18&src=desktop
                    Normally this type of thing makes me sick but in this instance I hope Martin did it with his middle finger held high and a smile on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                      I hope we can get Cal on the schedule now.
                      We are a "good loss" and would surely help them move up in the rankings

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                        One poster said that there is no way that they could get him, because he's likely to wait for a job like NC State or OK State to open up. I wanted to register just to reply that he was still off the mark. They just keep throwing out names without any concept of what they're dealing with. And that isn't even considering that they just poisoned the well.
                        People still think WSU is a crappy place to coach and all that coaches want is a BCS job. The worst part is that fans at BCS schools actually believe it. NC State is an average job. Why would Gregg want to go there? The only way I see 3G leaving is to go to some place like Kentucky or Arizona, if those jobs open up in the near future. No great coach in his right mind wants to go to a school where all they care about is football.

The bad part is, I bet some local media sports guys will lead their casts or radio shows with this job opening up and "perhaps Gregg will go there" talk. If they do, they either know very little about sports, or are just trying to cause an argument.

IT'S NOT HAPPENING, HE'S NOT GOING TO TENNESSEE EVERYONE NOT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD.

Comment

Is it wrong if I think Coach Cal should coach Cal?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            seeing a couple mentioning boyle, marshall, or smart with marshall and smart being top "wants"
                            I dont see Boyle leaving home.
                            Phi Alpha

Comment

Tyndall at Southern Miss or White at LaTech would be reasonable targets.

I would put the Tenn job barely above the Tulsa job right now.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Jeremy Fowler@JFowlerCBS 2h
                                Based on early returns of UT fan expectation, #Vols will replace Cuonzo Martin w/ Billy Donovan and Gregg Marshall as acting co-head coaches

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X