I don't see a thread about final rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    You're right. I would rather debate about if LeVelle Moton will accept the AC position for the 15th time with no new info. The season did end on March 16th, that's why we're talking about meaningless polls. It's the offseason.
    And even if it was in season we've never let that stop us from talking about meaningless stuff.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 31, 2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      Who really cares where you are ranked after playing a tournament to determine a true winner?
      Do you think there is actually a consolation prize for what some dumbass writer thinks about WSU's final position?

The season ended on March 16th and nothing after it matters.

That is all.
      This is an internet forum. Nothing discussed here matters. It's still entertaining though.

Comment

Top 10 this year--may even be ranked top 10 pre-season next year with who we have coming back.

Comment

That is all.
          We 'yearn' for more @ShockRef: - we miss (or have I missed?) your "Annual STL Notes, Quotes & Billygoats"; maybe next year?

Personally, this year I was impressed with the...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Who really cares where you are ranked after playing a tournament to determine a true winner?
            Do you think there is actually a consolation prize for what some dumbass writer thinks about WSU's final position?

That is all.
            The dumbasses in this case would be the coaches, or the SIDs who vote on their behalf, as only the coaches poll is done after the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
              Is this question for real ?

I would guess around 7th-8th for you guys. The Final 4 teams will probably be ranked 1-4 with the champion being #1
              There was an obvious reason that I prefaced this as being a probable dumb question. Yes, the national title winner would and probably should be ranked #1 in the final poll. That said, my point was that Florida beat Kentucky three times already (two of them rather convincingly). I would find it at least worth conversation of pondering the notion of Kentucky finishing ahead of Florida in the final poll with a theoretical 1-3 head-to-head record. As others have mentioned, there is unfairly too much weight put on the NCAA Tournament.

Again, yes, I am sure that Monday's winner will be #1 in the final poll...just to clear that up for you.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                There was an obvious reason that I prefaced this as being a probable dumb question. Yes, the national title winner would and probably should be ranked #1 in the final poll. That said, my point was that Florida beat Kentucky three times already (two of them rather convincingly). I would find it at least worth conversation of pondering the notion of Kentucky finishing ahead of Florida in the final poll with a theoretical 1-3 head-to-head record. As others have mentioned, there is unfairly too much weight put on the NCAA Tournament.

Again, yes, I am sure that Monday's winner will be #1 in the final poll...just to clear that up for you.
                I can appreciate the conversation you're trying to have. For reference, this year in college football, I thought Alabama should have stayed ranked ahead of Auburn after they lost on a freak last second play on the road. That said, the polls tend to be more of a power ranking and Kentucky would then be coming off a 1 point loss and a win against Florida on neutral courts.

Comment

Post season rankings are another data point for marketing to brag about if you are rockin' it out and helps to keep the Shocker brand getting some top quality press. From that aspect they are useful.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ku #5. They played toughest schedule since 1499.

Comment

I'll be happy if we finish top 10. If Kentucky had lost to Louisville, I think we might have plummeted. As it is, how strong Kentucky closes determines how much we'll be penalized for losing early. I'm good with 8-12. Happy with anything above that, annoyed with anything below it.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

That is all.
                        Sorry to offend your sensibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          We 'yearn' for more @ShockRef: - we miss (or have I missed?) your "Annual STL Notes, Quotes & Billygoats"; maybe next year?

Personally, this year I was impressed with the...

WstateU,
                          I actually composed the usual Notes, Quotes & Billy Goats and right before I submitted, my internet had a blip (AT&T sucks) and it was lost. I was urinated off and didn't do another.

However... I agree and was very impressed with the Sugar Bears this year.
                          There was a tall dancer with short blond hair that was All-league Dance Team MVP. Even RefChick agreed with my 'professional' observation!
                          Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with Illinois State. The sweat suit outfits were bush league and some of the performers need to get in the gym more often.
                          Very disappointing!

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                          X