Coaches Show Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Bill Parcells attended Wichita State, right?
    I think was All-MVC as a Shocker.

Comment

Did anyone catch the part when they were talking about next year's schedule and it was mentioned that there were talks going on with a current Sweet 16 team? This was mentioned separately from looking into keeping the Tennessee series going. Does anyone have an idea of what school it might be?

Comment

Dont know but I bet its Baylor
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          I think was All-MVC as a Shocker.
          And later, an assistant football coach.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniShocker View Post
            Did anyone catch the part when they were talking about next year's schedule and it was mentioned that there were talks going on with a current Sweet 16 team? This was mentioned separately from looking into keeping the Tennessee series going. Does anyone have an idea of what school it might be?
            UCONN.

They were mention earlier in the season as a potential H/H we have been in talks with.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              UCONN.

They were mention earlier in the season as a potential H/H we have been in talks with.
              That's correct, Shurtz -- they were indeed mentioned earlier, and I hope it comes through. Connecticut is one of those basketball names that gets you recognized whenever you play them, and especially if you beat them.

Comment

Is it October yet...?

Comment

Coach Knight and Coach Parcells are very close friends. Extra close.

When Coach Parcells was the head coach for the Dallas Cowboys, I followed him very closely. I have a great deal of admiration and respect for him. I imagine I listened to virtually all of his press conferences, which were posted on the Cowboy website. I can tell you without equivocation, Coach Marshall is his kind of coach and man.

I am glad the hear about Coach Parcells in the posts above. I thought he had put WSU in his rear view mirror.

Some years ago, he was given some award by the University. It might have been HOF. Coach Parcells sent his wife to accept the award.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
                    Good show. Coach mentioned Bill Parcells called him today and wanted to do something special for the team. Also, said he has a list of coaches he will reach out to for Coach Jans' position and that we probably won't be playing Bowling Green anytime soon.
                    I'm glad Parcells is owning his alma mater now - I know the University has been unsuccessful in connecting with him over the past several years.

BTW... nice handle. Check your PMs.

Comment

Working...
                    X