Congrats from a UK Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UKbball View Post
    Hello Shocker fans, I want to congratulate you on an excellent season. In my opinion, WSU and Florida were the two best teams we faced all season. We were fortunate to win against your team. I haven't witnessed a better played game this season by anyone.<br>I read a news clipping from a Lexington paper from Shocker fans thanking the many UK fans who had written Coach Marshall in praise of what a great team he has and the respect we have for your program. It is so much enjoyment watching a team play with such great fundamentals and within the team spirit.<br>The seeding committee really hosed both of our teams and we should never have met that early.<br>If Coach Marshall continues to have this quality of teams, you are equal to or better than the blue-bloods. Good luck in the future and I hope Kansas, Kansas St and others have the courage to schedule the Shockers. I hope Coach Calipari does as well.*
    Thank you. Your kind words are truly appreciated. The support from Big Blue Nation has been great, for the most part.

Unfortunately, UK's bad seeding was WSU's loss and UK's gain. It should have been an Elite Eight game like Coach Cal said. Wish we could go back and change it, but the Flux Capacitor was never invented (correct me if I am wrong).

Also unfortunately, I doubt we see UK or KU on WSU's schedule any time soon, if ever. It sucks, but it's just how it is. The future id bright though, as we are in discussions with other good programs for series.

I am rooting for UK to take it all. Maybe that we'll ease the pain, losing to the eventual champs two seasons in a row.
    The Assman

Comment

thanks, ukbball. uk size (and now whipping into a team) is too much for michigan. i have uk favored -3.5 in that game.

i don't know why those big-name coaches don't want to schedule wichita state. it can only be one thing- they flat don't want to see wichita state coming their way- it very well could be a loss. 'not to be innapropriate at your kind words but i have to say, gregg marshall is that good of a coach. three straight mvc coy awards is putting him in henry iba territory. as a matter of fact, he will win the henry iba national coy award.

Comment

As a cat fan you get accustomed to witnessing some significant basketball games and several stand out in my memory: 1992 KY vs Duke (Laettner Shot) -1994 KY vs LSU (31pt Comeback) - 2001 UK vs UNC (Tayshaun 5 threes in a row) - 2009 UK vs Tenn (Meeks goes for 54) - 2014 KY vs WSU (Unbeaten Wichita)... That game was one of the purest and intense games that I've witnessed from start to finish. A great coach, a great team and great fan support equals a great basketball program and you the shockers have all that!!! Congratulations and many blessings to your program!

Comment

another big uk memory is when uk beat ku in lawrence ('77-'78, nat. champs) and adolph rupp passed away that night after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatFan View Post
            As a cat fan you get accustomed to witnessing some significant basketball games and several stand out in my memory: 1992 KY vs Duke (Laettner Shot) -1994 KY vs LSU (31pt Comeback) - 2001 UK vs UNC (Tayshaun 5 threes in a row) - 2009 UK vs Tenn (Meeks goes for 54) - 2014 KY vs WSU (Unbeaten Wichita)... That game was one of the purest and intense games that I've witnessed from start to finish. A great coach, a great team and great fan support equals a great basketball program and you the shockers have all that!!! Congratulations and many blessings to your program!
            Hopefully WSU can get some titles to match UK's.

I hope I can live to see the day one of my teams wins a championship.
            The Assman

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X