Wendell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendell

Late in the overtime game against SIU last night, Wendell was sent into the game as an official fouler.

He clearly did not have his heart in it. His face bore a dishearted expression. I feel badly for him.

Despite his senior status next year, I will be very surprised, if he returns.

I've always defended Wendell, but by now I have to wonder why he was recruited. What were his stats in high school? Harris seems to play the same amount of defense (maybe even better) and provides more of an offensive threat, and he's a walk-on.

Comment

what can you say, the guy is a really nice guy, but he just was never ready for D-1 Basketball, and to say he has sweet 16 experience is false, I mean even Ryan Bradley had sweet 16 experience, and look where he is playing now.
      ________
      Ferrari Gg50
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

He was a TB signee, who thought he had potential. TB has connections at Westbury Christian (Check his UNC roster) and is tight with the coach. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
          what can you say, the guy is a really nice guy, but he just was never ready for D-1 Basketball, and to say he has sweet 16 experience is false, I mean even Ryan Bradley had sweet 16 experience, and look where he is playing now.
          He should have dunked it.......

Comment

He should have been given a bus ticket back to Texas last year.
            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

As I recall WP was the sixth man on a team that had 5 Div. 1 signee starters. His stats were not that impressive but it was hoped that he was a missed talent.

Comment

And if you recall, Wendell was expecting to redshirt his freshman year.

Does anyone remember the coach who didn't want to redshirt him because this coach thought Wendell was better than he was being given credit for?

:whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  And if you recall, Wendell was expecting to redshirt his freshman year.

Does anyone remember the coach who didn't want to redshirt him because this coach thought Wendell was better than he was being given credit for?

:whistle:
                  Anyway we look at it, it was a mistake and continues to look bad. I just don't see coach letting someone return that doesn't appear to want to play and, quite frankly, can't in this system. To be behind 2 walk-ons on a depth chart is bad. Especially when one of them is a senior. Too bad Harris couldn't have had a scholarship for the year, since one didn't get used.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
                    He should have been given a bus ticket back to Texas last year.
                    Dude, that is totally not cool. Wendell may not be the most gifted player on the roster, but by all accounts he is a good "team" guy, he makes grades, and doesn't get in trouble off the court. He has represented the university very well. To be that disrespectful is just idiotic.

Comment

Couldn't you say the same thing about David King, Cameron Leford, Nick Rogers, Bret Michael, etc.?

You just have to hold scholarship players to a different standard of performance on the court, which has absolutely nothing to do with being a great guy.

Comment

Might want to take Rogers and Ledford out of there, I honestly don't think we'd have been to a Sweet Sixteen without them. Did they play all of the games? No. Were they great leaders that helped tremendously in practice? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                          Might want to take Rogers and Ledford out of there, I honestly don't think we'd have been to a Sweet Sixteen without them. Did they play all of the games? No. Were they great leaders that helped tremendously in practice? Yes.
                          But just by guessing from WP's on court performance that he isn't like those guys.

Comment

The point is, they all seemed to be great guys but that alone shouldn't grant them a scholarship year after year. I would suspect Wendell's career totals to be higher than any walkons in recent memory, but I'm not brave enough to look at their production per minute played. That might not turn out to well for Wendell.

Scholarship players have to be held to a different stand of performance.

Comment

Lay off Preadom, I have not had the time to post or read for a while but this really bothers me. WP is a good kid. This is college athletics not the pros.

I hope he gets to decide where he spends his senior year. WP is not why this team is losing. Leave him be.

Comment

Working...
                              X