10 Things I think about the SIU game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Things I think about the SIU game

1. Nice to see that Coach Lowrey is buying his suits at the "Mark Mangino Clothes for Men" store.

2. WSU leads the MVC in rebounding and in players on crutches.

3. Kerry gets a lot of run for his program, but whoever is doing weight training for the Dogs is doing a heckuva job, as well. Those guys are really set up.

4. At the 3 minute mark, Mullins hits a shot off of a screen and is awarded 3 points. His foot was CLEARLY on the line. My whole section erupted, strange that I have not seen it mentioned here.

5. Stopped at Side Pockets on the way home. Good food, good company, good time.

6. That game was a war. The officials were really inconsistant. Just call it the same, all the time. How can that be so difficult?

7. Most of our players, if they were in the Ashley Furniture Shoot-out, would be getting their stuff at Rent-A-Center.

8. Nice giveaway gift at the door. I have no earthly idea what it is, tho.

9. We were ahead 10 points with 10 minutes to play, 8 points with 8 min, 4 points, 4 min; one could certainly feel it slipping away.

10. About as bad of a display of clutch free throw shooting (both sides), as I hope I will ever see.

How ironic that we were 1 made free throw away from ending it in regulation.

Comment

My five year old is wearing the giveaway item as a cape. Works for me.
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

What, no comments about the 'Puppet Master'??? :lol:

The giveaway appears to be some sort of handbag, but it seems like a strange item to give away.

My wife and I just figured out we now have 6 of those "Turn it On" towels (how did that happen?--I guess we just hated leaving them there on the chair...)

Comment

The give away is a back-pack.

Not readily apparent.

I was educated by another fan.

Comment

Classy comment from Coach Lowery concerning Matt.

"SIU's defense put a stop to his scoring in the second half. Salukis coach Chris Lowery took time to appreciate the performance, especially in light of Braeuer's 10-game absence due to a concussion."

"You've got to be thankful he is healthy enough to play again," Lowery said. "Today, he was very special. He was at the magic level where he gave them a chance to win the game."

Comment

As much as I want to hate all things SIU, I actually do kinda like C-Lo.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock

"SIU's defense put a stop to his scoring in the second half. Salukis coach Chris Lowery took time to appreciate the performance, especially in light of Braeuer's 10-game absence due to a concussion."

"You've got to be thankful he is healthy enough to play again," Lowery said. "Today, he was very special. He was at the magic level where he gave them a chance to win the game."
                He also said something before the second half that made me quite concerned. This may just be me looking for reasons to be paranoid, but he said something about cutting Braeuer off. I guess I just took it the wrong way. Lowery is a great coach. I think Indiana will end up with him next season, though.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10
                  Originally posted by 60Shock

He also said something before the second half that made me quite concerned. This may just be me looking for reasons to be paranoid, but he said something about cutting Braeuer off. I guess I just took it the wrong way. Lowery is a great coach. I think Indiana will end up with him next season, though.
                  I am not so sure he is a great coach.

We know, he cannot coach offense very well.

And while I may be in the minority, I am not sure he can recruit very well.

His past success was based upon star players, who were recruited by predecessor coaches.

I believe next year will tell the tale about his "greatness."

Comment

Indiana?

Comment

I think.....

If Gal Mekel's teammates were Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, that Gal would chuck it up so he could "be the man".
                      Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
                        I think.....

If Gal Mekel's teammates were Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, that Gal would chuck it up so he could "be the man".

And from out of left field . . . . . .

Comment

...with his foot on the three point line?
                          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Regulation
                            :55 Mekel missed jumper (Cooz never touched the ball). Rebound Shaw.
                            :40 Block by Cousinard
                            :36 60-59 SIU

Toward the end of regulation, WSU came out of the timeout and inbounded the ball to Cousinard in the backcourt. Cooz made 1of 2 free throws to send it into OT. At the :55 mark, Mekel made no effort at all to get PJ the ball. That scenario prompted Coach Marshall to call a t/o and make sure the ball was in the hands of his best player from the start. Coach Marshall understands that in crunch time he cannot trust Gal to find the team's best player and get him the rock.
                            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

I don't recall Matt touching the ball in that sequence either. At least not after he passed it to our two guard.

Matt was pretty hot last night, in case some people didn't notice.
                              Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                              X