Unfortunately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately...

I think next year can safely be considered a rebuilding year. As good as our recruits are...I don't think we can expect to be world beaters next year.

Fortunately, however, the following year could be very good if the guys we are bringing in turn out to be as good as they appear to be.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Next year, at least we will have some quality depth. This year, we will keep fighting. This year, I have seen some serious fight in our Shocks and we are going to compete. Next year, we may not be like Drake was this year---but we will raise some eyebrows. The following Season---watch out, because we should be awesome!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I would think we'll be more improved and more athletic than this year. We won't be Valley champions or anything, but a 4th or 5th place finish in the conference is reasonable.

Comment

That's what disappoints me.

Comment

I agree... while improvement is called for, expecting too much from what will be an extremely young team would be unrealistic.

However--we're building for the future--as opposed to a lot of our incoming guys this year, which was more like stopping the leaks of a weakened dam.

It'll be fun to watch these young guys develop. We'll win our fair share of games next year too--who knows how many.

Comment

Re: Unfortunately...

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
              I think next year can safely be considered a rebuilding year. As good as our recruits are...I don't think we can expect to be world beaters next year.
              I'm not sure how we can say anything about next year until you at least know who is back, who's not and who actually shows up on campus.

There are way to many unknowns out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                That's what disappoints me.
                I don't really see how anyone can be disappointed that with the talent we are bringing in we have reason to believe that we will be in contention for a Valley title in 2 years.

In addition, since youth will be the major problem next year (not talent), by the end of the year, we may be in position to make a run in the Valley tourney.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

We will have 5 new players next year counting Hatch...with only aprox. 3 returning that will help...Coach really needs to find 2 or 3 additional players to have good depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
                    We will have 5 new players next year counting Hatch...with only aprox. 3 returning that will help...Coach really needs to find 2 or 3 additional players to have good depth.
                    It's well documented (coaches shows, etc.) that he's 'over-recruiting' so I think we'll have more depth than this year--as if that would take much.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
                      It's been put out there on the coaches show that Hatch may not return. HCGM has even said he doesn't even know if Gal will return. There is nothing certain at this point of anything.

Comment

Why the ___ can't you people just enjoy the game for what it is? What is with these crazy expectations?

Just go out and watch some kids play a game and when it is over resume a real normal life.

Jimminy Crickets folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                          Why the ___ can't you people just enjoy the game for what it is? What is with these crazy expectations?

Just go out and watch some kids play a game and when it is over resume a real normal life.

Jimminy Crickets folks.
                          preach. :yes:
                          ________
                          HEALTH STORE
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I don't know why everyone else spends the money they do on season tickets, but I expect to see a good product? If I just wanted to go see some basketball, I just hang out at that Y every saturday morning.

I don't know that I'm getting that this year but I'm giving the program a chance to regroup. I spent thousands of dollars throughout the Cohen and Thompson years while enduring bad meal after bad meal each time I went to a game.

I'm hoping that we get back to seeing quality basketball sooner than later. I support the kids and I appreciate what they are doing but that's only part of the reason I make this investment each year in the program.

I don't expect a championship every year...I just expect a good product...or least my contributions worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                              Why the ___ can't you people just enjoy the game for what it is? What is with these crazy expectations? .
                              I find it strange there are those who try to dictate their own expectation on others in a BASKETBALL FORUM that goal is to give an OUTLET for fans to gather and DISCUSS.

Comment

Working...
                              X