Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quality

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
    Snap, the idea that athletes "are a reflection on the quality" of a university might come as a surprise to some students and alumni at Rice, Cal Tech, or most Ivy League schools.
    WSU is not on the same level academically as Harvard or Yale. WSU is a state college just like KU or KSU. Your comment is ridiculous and I am fairly certain if you would have given yourself ample time to think before you posted you yourself would eventually not agree with it...

The single greatest aspect of a university's image to the general public is its athletic prowess. Leadership at WSU made comments during the Sweet 16 run that we were getting publicity we could either only dream of or couldn't afford.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Something is not right we have someone at the line that can win the game in the final few seconds by making 2 free throws, and he throws them up without taking any time or concentration on making them, especially a senior who is suppose to be an example for the younger players.
      Anyone can take any given game and dissect it to come up with one or two plays that, in their mind, "caused" the loss. A loss cannot be attributed to a single play, or a single miss, or a single foul, or a single player. A game is cumulative and there are 5 student athletes on the court at a time.

I have watched this "example for the younger players" for four years now and have always held my breath when he went to the foul line. It is his "style" not to take any time at the line. He grabs the ball and shoots. How half of them go in I cannot tell you. I'm not a basketball "expert" as some on this board claim to be, but if MT had been unhappy with the way he was shooting foul shots, he had three years to correct him; it was a little late when HCGM got to him.

I personally think there is no excuse whatsoever for a basketball team at the D1 level to not have a really good percentage at the foul line. It's technique and practice, and I have every faith in Marshall that he WILL see to it next year that foul shots are a priority.

Comment

IMO...next year could be just as bad as this year. At the very minimum, we lose almost 60% of our scoring from seniors. That's not even counting any other departures. I think some people need to relax and realize the situation we are in, and look at it through a clear lens. I don't think it's fair to expect the freshman to be world-beaters from day 1. Hopefully I am surprised.

But with that said...I expect to see a light at the end of the tunnel towards the end of next year. Coach's recruits need to be playing better, and also have a few more prized recruits in the pipeline. I fully expect it to happen.

Either way...I'll be in my normal seat.

Comment

I'm bullish longterm to the point that I would like to upgrade and increase my ticket lot now...however I don't think we'll be competing for a championship next year...hope I'm wrong.

I do think that next year will be very exciting because the overall product will be better.

Comment

Working...
          X