Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock
    Originally posted by Rosewood
    Why the ___ can't you people just enjoy the game for what it is? What is with these crazy expectations? .
    I find it strange there are those who try to dictate their own expectation on others in a BASKETBALL FORUM that goal is to give an OUTLET for fans to gather and DISCUSS.
    Agreed. I'm getting real fed up with people telling others what to post and where. "Don't start a new thread", "Why can't you do this", etc. It's a FORUM for OPINIONS and CONVERSATION.

Comment

The new thread when one already exists irritates a lot of people and I believe is even mentioned in the Rules of this fine board.

Now this is for opinions and conversation. So what's wrong with Rosewood asking the question? Do you not want to converse? Or do you just not like his opinion?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        The new thread when one already exists irritates a lot of people and I believe is even mentioned in the Rules of this fine board.
        Well, we know why that happens - there are individuals who are so full of themselves that are afraid that everybody will miss their pearl of wisdom if it's sitting on page 12 in a thread and so they must start their own. It's the "Look at Me" syndrome.

BTW, it's easy to police, all the moderators need to do is move or delete it. It would quickly stop.

So what's wrong with Rosewood asking the question? Do you not want to converse? Or do you just not like his opinion?
        There is nothing wrong in the question in itself, but if he's truly interested in getting this question asked and conversed over he should start his own thread and not try and hijack another.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
          I don't know why everyone else spends the money they do on season tickets, but I expect to see a good product? If I just wanted to go see some basketball, I just hang out at that Y every saturday morning.

I don't know that I'm getting that this year but I'm giving the program a chance to regroup. I spent thousands of dollars throughout the Cohen and Thompson years while enduring bad meal after bad meal each time I went to a game.

I'm hoping that we get back to seeing quality basketball sooner than later. I support the kids and I appreciate what they are doing but that's only part of the reason I make this investment each year in the program.

I don't expect a championship every year...I just expect a good product...or least my contributions worth.
          Support these kids. I hate it when my team does not win. But these kids are playing hard and giving it all on the court. In my opinion, that alone is worth what you pay for tickets. I used to pay for ticket for the Knicks. I don’t anymore because the product they put on the court is pathetic. WSU is an entirely different story.

Don’t talk to me, or cry about, $$$$ you have spent. This team will, eventually, reward you with wins. Suck it up if you want the seats.

Sorry but I am really cranky. It has been a long seven weeks.

Comment

In the interest of not upseting anybody, I'll make my take as bland as possible.

"

."

Comment

Originally posted by GarH
              In the interest of not upseting anybody, I'll make my take as bland as possible.

"

."
              Are you kidding me? If you are going to make a statement like that on a message board you better have some facts to back that up!!! I can't believe that doesn't violate any of the rules of the board! :)

Comment

I love it!!!!!

Comment

I don't know why everyone else spends the money they do on season tickets, but I expect to see a good product? If I just wanted to go see some basketball, I just hang out at that Y every saturday morning.

I don't know that I'm getting that this year but I'm giving the program a chance to regroup. I spent thousands of dollars throughout the Cohen and Thompson years while enduring bad meal after bad meal each time I went to a game.

I'm hoping that we get back to seeing quality basketball sooner than later. I support the kids and I appreciate what they are doing but that's only part of the reason I make this investment each year in the program.

I don't expect a championship every year...I just expect a good product...or least my contributions worth.
                  The only thing that is owed to a fanbase (at least at the college level) is that the effort is there, win or lose. I won't tolerate a team giving up, but I will support one that loses in spite of playing hard.

The reality is that it is only the fan who is willing to stick through the lean years that can truly enjoy the good years. No matter how much bandwagon shocker fans seemed to enjoy the Sweet 16 season, do you really think that it was as sweet to any of them as it was to people who toughed out the 90s?
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Outstanding post on so many levels TMH.

Comment

I agree... outstanding TMH! :good:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

The only thing that is owed to a fanbase (at least at the college level) is that the effort is there, win or lose. I won't tolerate a team giving up, but I will support one that loses in spite of playing hard.

The reality is that it is only the fan who is willing to stick through the lean years that can truly enjoy the good years. No matter how much bandwagon shocker fans seemed to enjoy the Sweet 16 season, do you really think that it was as sweet to any of them as it was to people who toughed out the 90s?
                        Think how Drake fans are feeling right now.

Comment

You bet, all 8 of them! Go Geese!

Comment

So, we are just suppose to sit by and take our lashings like good lil fans, and suffer in silence ----- BS!

Athletics are a reflection on the quality of school we have, everything is a reflection on the school, even us fans.

We recruited CGM to keep us at the top of the MVC, and to get us to postseason play, and to help shape fine young men that graduate, and go on to better things in life. That is part of the pride of our WSU.

I can handle things happening, a good effort by the team, but I can not tolerant giving away games that we have clearly won in the closing moments.

CGM is catching on to the Valley style of play, but he is not there yet, as our teams, yes even from past years, clearly don't know how to close out a win when they have it. The majority of the time, we end up on the bottom looking up in the final couple of minutes.

Something is not right we have someone at the line that can win the game in the final few seconds by making 2 free throws, and he throws them up without taking any time or concentration on making them, especially a senior who is suppose to be an example for the younger players.

Drake shoots over 75% from the line, what is our average?

It makes me wonder if our players truly have the convictions inside they profess to have. Not to mention, the 2 times we gave away the ball in the last dwindling seconds. And why didn't Gal get some more shots, Matt needed help, and he can shoot?

Half of those calls on our big men were pretty weak.

Comment

I agree with TMH, as far as the players are concerned. There is a difference between losing and getting beat. If the players give it their best, I support them (but I still may grip a little about bonehead mistakes).
                              On the other hand, I'm not going to be so forgiving to an administration and coaching staff. After a two year honeymoon, the gloves come off. We have great facilities and large, strong fan base. There is no reason (injuries aside) that we should not be in the hunt for the MVC title year in and year out. I see no reason that we should not be as successful as Creighton or SIU. I appreciated what MT did for us through the S16 season. I was critical of the shape he left us in after that, not that he left. For that reason, HCGM should get additional time to put his mark on the program before we jump on him.

Comment

Quality

Snap, the idea that athletes "are a reflection on the quality" of a university might come as a surprise to some students and alumni at Rice, Cal Tech, or most Ivy League schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X