SIU In Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a game we should've won.

PJ and Ramon were abysmal at the foul line.

If PJ was gonna drive the line and initiate contact, he better make the FT's. Otherwise, it's all a waste. And that was proven tonight.

Hit FT's and we win.

I feel bad for Matty B. What a playa. 23 wasn't good enough with this team. We're gonna miss this kid.

The refs were babying SIU. The calls equated out, but we got hosed down low. I liked how coach said in the interview with Charlie Spoonhour on FSN at halftime. 'We're gonna hafta learn not to touch SIU." Pretty much exactly what was going on. Touch SIU and they get a whistle.

7 games now we've lost by 3 points or less. That's the difference from a 10-16 season and a 17-9 season.

While we've been disappointing, we've competed better here at the end, and being without MB the majority of the conference season, I'm not feeling as pissed about the way the season has gone.

These last few games are meaningless.

Just focus on the Arch.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas
      looked to me like Phil definitely pulled him down, although I was half asleep so I probably didn't have the greatest look
      Three questions:

1.) What was your vantage point to the foul?

2.) Is it true then that referees make calls when they're half asleep?

3.) What kinda 'Shocker fan' is half asleep in a competitive, intense game like this one?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• looked to me like Phil definitely pulled him down
        On the replay on TV it looked like Falker was leaning back against Phil, Phil moved to his right and Falker did a flop backwards.

I don't think that he fouled him.
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
          Shock Ref,

Curious about your thoughts on Phil's last foul. It looked like to me he got out of Falker's way and then Falker landed on his caboose.

How is that usually called?
          ABC,
          Not being the 'homer', but I didn't like the call. It looked like the old "I push, you push, I let go' deal. Especially with the extent of contact that was going on all game, it was one that could have easily been passed on. The fact the lead made it from the opposite side lends credence to passing on it. It was the centers call and Pollard passed. Harris was the calling official. 8)
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
            Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            Originally posted by kellykemnitz
            i guess it is alright to run into the lane and run people over nowadays.
            WHen its SiU everything is alright
            There were some questionable calls, but the phantom charge you are referring to was a good no-call. Mullins did not 'go through' the body and it was nothing. However, Don Daily needs to go back to HS ball because he had a couple calls that reeked of a Friday night aroma. That will be some interesting film duty when they break this one down. 8)
            As a HS official I'm offended by that comment 8)
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Also, there were a number of fouls called with the defender straight up last night. That's one of my biggest pet peeves with officiating and is something a bad HS official gets suckered into calling.

But, when it comes down to it, if we'd just hit some freaking FTs it wouldn't have mattered.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                Also, there were a number of fouls called with the defender straight up last night. That's one of my biggest pet peeves with officiating and is something a bad HS official gets suckered into calling.

But, when it comes down to it, if we'd just hit some freaking FTs it wouldn't have mattered.
                Sub you are always the voice of reason. A true gentleman and a scholar.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Originally posted by ShockRef
                  There were some questionable calls, but the phantom charge you are referring to was a good no-call. Mullins did not 'go through' the body and it was nothing. However, Don Daily needs to go back to HS ball because he had a couple calls that reeked of a Friday night aroma. That will be some interesting film duty when they break this one down. 8)
                  Sub,
                  Nothing personal and apology is hereby tendered. 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                    Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Originally posted by ShockRef
                    Sub,
                    Nothing personal and apology is hereby tendered. 8)
                    Accepted :good:
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I think teams that shoot free throws badly, deserve to have their games well officiated too.

Comment

• shockerfever, to answer your question, I've been having a battle with the flu, I was surprised to even be awake for the game. But I did watch, and I did think that we had it in the bag, but oh well. From the angle that I saw the play, it did look like Phil T wrapped his arms around and pulled the guy down, but I could have been wrong. In any case, a team that has a 10 point lead late in the game and ends up losing has nobody to blame but themselves.

Comment

Working...
                        X