Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    In some regionals, you are correct. But this year, it looks like the teams in St.Louis go to Indy, so there cannot be two #1seeds assigned to St.Louis. Ditto, Raleigh or Buffalo. Any of the other sites, the "winners" are split as to where they go for the regional round(s).
    The pods have nothing to do with the regional sites anymore. We were in Portland in 2012 and would have gone to Atlanta next weekend had we advanced instead of a natural regional transition to Phoenix.
    78-65

Comment

In some regionals, you are correct. But this year, it looks like the teams in St.Louis go to Indy, so there cannot be two #1seeds assigned to St.Louis. Ditto, Raleigh or Buffalo. Any of the other sites, the "winners" are split as to where they go for the regional round(s).
      That's not true. If KU and WSU are both #1 seeds both will be in St. Louis. The sites are not linked to any specific region. We could be the #1 in any of the four regional brackets and still play in St. Louis, same with KU.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
        That's not true. If KU and WSU are both #1 seeds both will be in St. Louis. The sites are not linked to any specific region. We could be the #1 in any of the four regional brackets and still play in St. Louis, same with KU.
        You're right, I guess they determine this on selection Sunday. I was just using one of the Bracketologies. Has one of the 8sites for the round of 64 ever had two number 1 seeds? Just curious.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

You're right, I guess they determine this on selection Sunday. I was just using one of the Bracketologies. Has one of the 8sites for the round of 64 ever had two number 1 seeds? Just curious.
          I can't point you to a specific example, but I know I've seen it before.

Comment

Yes. The SE sites have had a #1 duke and #1 UNC for example

Comment

And just when you think that SN has become a cess pool of hate and name calling, people come up with really great info/links for someone that has a question.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                And just when you think that SN has become a cess pool of hate and name calling, people come up with really great info/links for someone that has a question.
                So when can we get back to normal?

Comment

If KU and WSU are in St. Louis and both win their first round games...expect to give up your first born to watch round 2, because they'll be in the same session.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                    If KU and WSU are in St. Louis and both win their first round games...expect to give up your first born to watch round 2, because they'll be in the same session.
                    I was just thinking this. That's a scalper's dream.

Same goes for CU if they hop Kansas on the S-Curve and get sent to STL.

Comment

• Not a lot of drama on the first day at a site with 2 number 1 seeds. They are the games I'm least likely to watch since they are so often one-sided (this year I think I'll feel a little different about tuning in :) ).
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        I already have tickets.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          I already have tickets.
                          I guess you're in the drivers seat for acquiring some firstborns.

Comment

• KU #2 in St. Louis with the Shocker's
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• So if KU works their way into a #1 seed, along with wsu, how do they decide who goes where?

Comment

Working...
                              X