No announcement yet.

Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@CBSSports: Wichita State is the top overall seed in @jppalmCBS’ latest #MarchMadness bracket projection: http://cbsprt.co/Bracketology. @GoShockers:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      @CBSSports: Wichita State is the top overall seed in @jppalmCBS’ latest #MarchMadness bracket projection: http://cbsprt.co/Bracketology. @GoShockers:
      My god, the South region is loaded
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

@CBSSports: Wichita State is the top overall seed in @jppalmCBS’ latest #MarchMadness bracket projection: http://cbsprt.co/Bracketology. @GoShockers
        I would be thrilled with an 8/9 pairing of Arizona State/Xavier. Pencil this in por favor.

Comment

As of this afternoon, the Shockers #1 seed is almost in "lock heaven". Nine more brackets have been added since last update, now total 90 brackets, with an overall average of 1.21 seeds and we picked up 14 more #1 seed brackets from just three days ago.

Shockers rank out as:

#1 Seed - 76 times (84.4%)
          #2 Seed - 11 times (12.2%)
          #3 Seed - 1 time (1.1%)
          #4 Seed - 2 times (2.2%)

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            As of this afternoon, the Shockers #1 seed is almost in "lock heaven". Nine more brackets have been added since last update, now total 90 brackets, with an overall average of 1.21 seeds and we picked up 14 more #1 seed brackets from just three days ago.

Shockers rank out as:

#1 Seed - 76 times (84.4%)
            #2 Seed - 11 times (12.2%)
            #3 Seed - 1 time (1.1%)
            #4 Seed - 2 times (2.2%)

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
            Just today, but not yet reflected in Bracket Matrix:

Crotistics moves WSU from a 2 to a 1 seed.
            Seed Madness moves WSU from a 4 to a 3 seed.
            Team Rankings moves WSU from a 3 to a 1 seed.
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              +1 STACKED

And this comment for JH4P. KU would get ALL THEY WANT from NCCU.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                Wow. That's one of the most brutal regions I've ever seen drawn up.

Comment

Im ready for the damn tournament to start.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Im ready for the damn tournament to start.
                    Here, here. Tired of all the naysayers. The tournament is where we prove them all wrong...despite our "been there done that" from last year. We may not be the Cinderella, or the Media darling for this year's tournament, but these guys are special and I don't think Early wants to go out a loser. We've won 28--soon to be 34. At that point all we got to do is win 6. These guys are game and totally amazing, it can be done.

Comment

Still #1 in today's edition from Lunardi.

The Insider article supplementing today's Bracketology has WSU as the most likely top line team to earn a #1 seed (85% chance) and had this to say:

And what of Wichita State? The Shockers (29-0) are well on their way to a 34-0 record and an extra week off because of the early Missouri Valley Conference tournament. Should Wichita post that magic number, it will be in position to move up even higher for every additional loss suffered by Arizona, Florida or Syracuse. Should all three lose again between now and Selection Sunday, the Shockers would almost certainly be the No. 1 team in the polls and perhaps the No. 1 overall seed in the tournament.
                      I think this is probably spot on. Any of Florida, Arizona and Syracuse would probably finish ahead of us on the S-Curve if they win out. Most of them will not, however, and we'll likely finish in front of any and all of those teams who lose between now and Selection Sunday. Syracuse especially seems in danger of dropping off the top line (tonight's game @ Maryland will be big to see if they can arrest the death spiral).

Comment

If the season were to end today I'd say we would have a 50% chance at the top overall seed. If Florida wins out I would still say we have a 10% shot. I've seen multiple interviews with the committee chairman that mentions how much they care about scheduling intent. To me, that says they're going to be very favorable to us.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          If the season were to end today I'd say we would have a 50% chance at the top overall seed. If Florida wins out I would still say we have a 10% shot. I've seen multiple interviews with the committee chairman that mentions how much they care about scheduling intent. To me, that says they're going to be very favorable to us.
                          Be prepared for the following scenario. Both WSU and KU run the table all the way to Selection Sunday and both are number 1 seeds. The debate then shifts to which one goes to St. Louis. Schedule becomes an issue again.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Be prepared for the following scenario. Both WSU and KU run the table all the way to Selection Sunday and both are number 1 seeds. The debate then shifts to which one goes to St. Louis. Schedule becomes an issue again.
                            Both can go to St. Louis. There are two 4-team pods at each site. It's the regional semifinal/final site that would be in question.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              +1 STACKED

And this comment for JH4P. KU would get ALL THEY WANT from NCCU.
                              I think NCCU would have a slim chance of beating KU and a good chance of keeping the game close. Your statement was not very specific so I can't ding you too hard on the "you're so stuipid" meter.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Both can go to St. Louis. There are two 4-team pods at each site. It's the regional semifinal/final site that would be in question.
                                In some regionals, you are correct. But this year, it looks like the teams in St.Louis go to Indy, so there cannot be two #1seeds assigned to St.Louis. Ditto, Raleigh or Buffalo. Any of the other sites, the "winners" are split as to where they go for the regional round(s).
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X