According to Jeff ******* "We are Murray State"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    However, the analysis by *******, et.al. does not take into account that we are getting everyone's biggest and most energetic crowds (I think an arena record at MSU and the biggest crowd in a 4 years at ILS, etc) and we are getting our opponents' absolute best, pull out all the stops efforts to win.
    And Murray State wasn't also getting opponents' best shots too the year they were undefeated late into the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Compliment? Nope. Never said that. In fact if you actually read what I said you would already know I think the opposite. I think WSU is more proven then that Murray State team was. I think ******* is wrong, and I also think there are honest ways to criticize him, but you choose the dishonest path by criticizing him for a comparison he never made. He never made it about program histories, but you were looking for a cheap shot because you would rather throw a "zinger" based in a lie than take the time and effort to make a legitimate critique.
      Then what the **** was the comparison based on? He made a blanket statement about Murray State in comparing them to us. If he's only doing it for one season, he's way off. If he's doing it based on programs, he's under the river.

Either way, he's wrong and moronic. Does that make you feel better?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We Belong

I think I like this Parrish fellow, he actually hit it right on the head. I think most knowlegable fans and the coaches that have played and seen us play if they are honest...know we are a special team. Its very hard to get to a final four, and it is really hard to win 20 straight games, I dont care what league you play in. We have played a tough non- conf. Have all the teams we played had great seasons so far, no. But they are still good teams when we played them. BYU barely lost to Iowa State, Alabama doest lose to many at home, we ended their 15 game home winning streak, and just tonight Florida ended Alabamas conf. winning streak barely winning by 8. St. Louis top 25, and Tennesse is a very good team. So we are tested, and are legit and I think even the doubters deep down will admit(only to themselves) we are a scarey team that their team really would just soon avoid in March.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Then what the **** was the comparison based on? He made a blanket statement about Murray State in comparing them to us. If he's only doing it for one season, he's way off. If he's doing it based on programs, he's under the river.

Either way, he's wrong and moronic. Does that make you feel better?
          You don't see his thought process? I disagree with it, but it is fairly obvious.

******* remembers Murray State. Undefeated late in the year, weak SOS, real good, but hard to pin down just how good due to lack of opportunity to prove it against good competition. Committee ranked them like a top 25 (barely) team after they completed a 1 loss (a bad loss at that) season

Now ******* sees WSU. Undefeated late in the year, weak SOS compared to most of the rest of the top 25, real good, but hard to pin down just how good due to lack of opportunity to prove it against quality competition. ******* expects WSU to lose a game somewhere, which would be anywhere from a sufferable loss to a bad loss depending on who it comes to.

Now I believe that ******* is ignoring what these players did late last year where they did prove themselves against top notch competition, and that WSU's schedule is lacking, but not nearly to the extent that Murray State's was. However much I think he needs to consider those points, when he says WSU is "the Murray State OF A FEW YEARS BACK", I can't criticism him for saying our program is like theirs. He didn't say anything about program histories, just made a flawed comparison of individual seasons.

Comment

What if Fever and JH4P are the same person? Like some weird Fight Club thing.

I'd have said Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, but I think we all know these arguments are far too dumb for anyone on this board to have a Dr in front of their name. (except Doc)

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I'd have said Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, but I think we all know these arguments are far too dumb for anyone on this board to have a Dr in front of their name. (except Doc)
              Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of doctors who are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of doctors who are dumb.
                I dont know what you mean by 'dumb'? Do you mean incapable of speech or stupid. The stats show that on average Doctors are a smarter segment of the population by 32.56787% according to Kenpom. Thats pretty good depth.

Im just ****in with ya.

I wanna feel smart too sometimes.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The issue is that people like ******* are not watching us. Most of them see Wichita State and think "why do I want to watch them. They are only a team I only hear about once or twice a decade. Why do that when I can watch North Carolina, Georgetown, UConn, and the like. You know the teams that are always good." These people only look at the numbers for teams like Wichita State.

According to Warren Nolan the the Numbers say.

At the end of the regular season.

Murray State

vs 1-50 3 - 0
                  vs 51-100 1 - 0
                  vs 101-200 9 - 1
                  vs 201+ 12 - 0

Wichita State
                  vs 1-50 3 - 0 1 game remaining
                  vs 51-100 5 - 0 2 games remaining
                  vs 101-200 8 - 0 2 games remaining
                  vs 201+ 3 - 0 6 games remaining

Ok, maybe they don't look at the numbers, that's too much work. Look they both have state in their name and Wichita and Murray are not states.
                  Last edited by jdmee; January 24, 2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

All is good until he switches the user name. Can you imagine.

JH4P

******* is a Douche. He literally sucks ass.

Fever.

According to the numbers his analysis, while I don't agree, is logically sound. However, he fails to include the following parameters while coming up with the analysis ....... Why is it JH4P that you can't objectively look at a situation without getting over the top with it. He never said anything about ass sucking in his article.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                      The issue is that people like ******* are not watching us. Most of them see Wichita State and think "why do I want to watch them. They are only a team I only hear about once or twice a decade. Why do that when I can watch North Carolina, Georgetown, UConn, and the like. You know the teams that are always good." These people only look at the numbers for teams like Wichita State.

According to Warren Nolan the the Numbers say.

At the end of the regular season.

Murray State

vs 1-50 3 - 0
                      vs 51-100 1 - 0
                      vs 101-200 9 - 1
                      vs 201+ 12 - 0

Wichita State
                      vs 1-50 3 - 0 1 game remaining
                      vs 51-100 5 - 0 2 games remaining
                      vs 101-200 8 - 0 2 games remaining
                      vs 201+ 3 - 0 6 games remaining

Ok, maybe they don't look at the numbers, that's too much work. Look they both have state in their name and Wichita and Murray are not states.
                      Good research. Murray State played (and beat) 4 top 100 teams all year. WSU is looking at 11 such games. Therein lies *******’s failure when comparing WSU to that Murray State team.

Comment

Working...
                      X