Coach Marshall interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Marshall interview

If anyone missed coach marshall interview with Heartl last night on sport sunday. then here it is, then check out the parting shot they are pretty interesting as well.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

There is a reason Jeffrey Parsons is a writer and on the sidelines. His diatribe last night helped anyone wondering why the "Oprahfication of America" is as bad as any increase in gas prices.
    Hey Jeffie,
    It's big time D1 basketball, not biddy ball over at the 'Y'. When certain individuals continue doing things they have told NOT to on numerous occasions, a more direct approach becomes necessary.
    It may have made you feel good to second guess the 'direct approach' but until you coach a few teams, get a few 'W's under your belt and enjoy some success, your opinion remains irrelevant. Until then, the only thing you'll generate with your dribble is more gas - but not the kind we need. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Mr. Parson's sounds like a whimp in his parting shot.

RLTW!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

cry me a river jefferson

Comment

Easy on him guys, if he reads this stuff on here, you might hurt his poor little feelings
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What do you mean IF he reads SN?

8)

Comment

Everybody reads SN, that's how they check the pulse of the fan base.

p.s. thanks for the link

Comment

That was useless last night, what a waste. Hey Eagle, please do not assign this guy to do any sideline reporting at a college football game. Geez.

Comment

Mental mistakes are unacceptable, but I thought Marshall was as close to the edge as one can get.

Comment

Coach Marshall knows the players better than any of us do, and he knows what will 'motivate' and what won't for those players. Fouling a 3 point shooter is a cardinal sin in basketball, and I'm sure that he was pretty sure how Ramon would handle the tirade or he wouldn't have done it. While it looked 'out of control' it's much more likely it was far from it. It obviously was the bitter pill that was needed.

Comment

Clemente also missed a block out the play before.

I guess I don't understand Parson's point: Gregg Marshall did something that worked, but it wasn't nice and it might not have worked with someone else (though it worked with Durley as well), so he shouldn't have done it?

Huh?
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

OK, I just watched this, and no where in that piece did Parson's say that what GM did was a bad thing. Why exactly are we so upset with Parsons about this? He did say that after the 'dressing down' Clemente came back in and we went on to win the game, so he sounded to me more like he is commending coach than condeming him. He does say it was extreme, but he never said he shouldn't have done it. Obviously, coach knows Clemente can handle that. Perhaps coach would have behaved differently if it was a different player who would have not have responded to that very well.

Comment

Clemente

We sit in Sec 123 up behind the bench. When I saw GM dressing down Clemente for the foul on the 3 point shot, I immediately turned to my wife and said, "if anyone can take that, Ramone can"! Prior to that before GM had his say, as soon as Ramone made the foul, I knew that any coach wud be extremely upset about it. And, as someone else said here, Ramone came back to play well later in the game. Remember that key defensive rebound he got in the last 30 sec's?

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                            OK, I just watched this, and no where in that piece did Parson's say that what GM did was a bad thing. Why exactly are we so upset with Parsons about this? He did say that after the 'dressing down' Clemente came back in and we went on to win the game, so he sounded to me more like he is commending coach than condeming him. He does say it was extreme, but he never said he shouldn't have done it. Obviously, coach knows Clemente can handle that. Perhaps coach would have behaved differently if it was a different player who would have not have responded to that very well.
                            I wondered the same thing. I don't recall Parsons saying that it was wrong.

Did anyone notice that J.T. said the dressing down he got was not nearly as bad as sometimes in practice?

The look on Coach's face scared me half to death. I think he made his point. :D

Comment

And we need to keep in mind that after seven years of Turgeon, a lot of coaches will seem harsh by contrast.

Would you need more than one hand to count the number of Turgeon's tirades in that span?

Comment

Working...
                              X