God Bless Matt Braeuer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless Matt Braeuer

Like many of you, I'd bet, I experienced a variety of emotions last night.

I really love watching Matt play basketball. He plays the game the way it should be played, but selfishly I never wanted to see him play again.

He's such a great young man......I pray he remains healthy. Last night for the first time I really grasped that he was doing what he loves to do and I should support him the best way I know how.

May God bless you, watch over you and keep you safe Matt.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Wu Wu!!

He played inspired last night. I asked him about his ovation, he grinned from ear to ear!!

Comment

Matt's been one of my favorite players to watch.....ever. I too hoped he wouldn't risk it and play but have to admit that I'm kinda glad he has. I pray he stays safe and can finish his career healthy and with a few more wins. For him, it would have sucked to have his final season ended due to an injury.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

MB will always be remembered in Shocker lore for his game winning three against CU. Especially being immortalized on youtube for the shot.

Comment

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
          Matt! :goshocks: 8) :posterwu: 8) :posterwsu: 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

He's our basketball teams version of Kevin Hooper. Love the kid and the way he plays.

Comment

He is a warrior. I just hope he stays healthy for the rest of the year. We need him but IMOP he should have not came back except for a introduction on senior night. I hope he sticks around next year as GA for the team. Go shocks!

Comment

What a great kid. But, damn, with four concussions, he scares the hell out of me the way he throws his body around.

There's no backing down with him and of course that's why he has endeared himself with all of us. That's the only way he knows how to play.

Comment

When he got knocked to the floor hard Saturday night on that one drive, I though half the crowd was about ready to jump over the rail and brawl with the Sycs. Hockeyshock and I both agreed if it happened again there might be a hospitality committee waiting at the ISU bus after the game.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                    When he got knocked to the floor hard Saturday night on that one drive, I though half the crowd was about ready to jump over the rail and brawl with the Sycs. Hockeyshock and I both agreed if it happened again there might be a hospitality committee waiting at the ISU bus after the game.

Saturday night was the first time since the remodeling of Koch that I was really happy I no longer have floor seats. There used to be nothing between myself and the floor except the occassional cheerleader. That play happened right in front of me and I hopped down 2 steps before I got smart and stopped. Given a lack of age, intelligence and a natural boundary I imagine I would not have been as fortunate had that happened 8 years ago instead of Saturday night.

Comment

You dont mess with our leader!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Saturday night was the first time since the remodeling of Koch that I was really happy I no longer have floor seats. There used to be nothing between myself and the floor except the occassional cheerleader. That play happened right in front of me and I hopped down 2 steps before I got smart and stopped. Given a lack of age, intelligence and a natural boundary I imagine I would not have been as fortunate had that happened 8 years ago instead of Saturday night.
                        Matt is making the choice to play. I saw the play too and it didn't look like foul play to me. To assume the other teams are going to say "Hmm... he has a band on his head lets be nice to him" is insane. I honestly doubt any opposing players are going out there after him.

I personally think his choice to play is crazy considering the W-L but I support his decision and hopefully things work out for him.

Comment

Did I ever claim Shocker fans are rational?

FWIW, I didn't think it was malicious either.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                            He's our basketball teams version of Kevin Hooper. Love the kid and the way he plays.
                            You know thats one fine analogy...I really could not agree more
                            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Matt is THE MAN!!!!!!!! Very few players are so fast they can pass an opponet who is running with all of his might, while dribbling the ball. When Matt plays, we have a solid shot at winning. He will always be one of my favorite all-time Shockers and his maximum efforts and dedication are greatly appreciated. FSF concurs with Doc. May God bless M.B. and keep him safe, and watch over him forever.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X