Proud of the Crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud of the Crowd

I was critical of the crowd early in the year when I thought we were too reserved. And while this probably didn't need it's own thread I wanted to give props to the crowd. I would venture to guess we are probably the loudest and best attended 9th place team in conference standings that you will find in the country. It has to make a difference on the players, coaches and recruits. Keep it up crowd!!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

this is no question besides Kentucky and maybe Carolina, we're pretty damn proud of our team

Comment

Have to agree that the crowd really responded tonight. Felt a little bit more like old times.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

For the Shocker fans to come out and show the support they did for the team last night is special. And it is great to acknowledge it.

Sometimes it seems that a few of the fans don't realize how spoiled they have become. There are numerous large BCS schools throughout the country, with consistantly good to great basketball teams, who would drool to obtain the crowd support the Shockers have.

With this type of fan support (which is certainly being acknowledged through TV and word of mouth throughout the country), with a great coach, and with great facilities, how can we fail not to attract the athletes we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
          For the Shocker fans to come out and show the support they did for the team last night is special. And it is great to acknowledge it.

Sometimes it seems that a few of the fans don't realize how spoiled they have become. There are numerous large BCS schools throughout the country, with consistantly good to great basketball teams, who would drool to obtain the crowd support the Shockers have.

With this type of fan support (which is certainly being acknowledged through TV and word of mouth throughout the country), with a great coach, and with great facilities, how can we fail not to attract the athletes we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Trust me we're a long long ways away from getting an All American to come here

Comment

I disagree. Paul Miller was recruited during MT's first season, when we won nine games. Paul Miller was an All American (third team or honorable mention, I believe, but still so recognized.)

Now, if you're saying we're a long ways from recruiting a McDonald's HS All American, you may be right.
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

I forgot to add the Mcdonald's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                I forgot to add the Mcdonald's part.
                It's not about what you are when you come into the program, but what your are when you leave the program.

Comment

Once we start racking up the 20+ wins consistently and return to the big dance, we will compete and occasionally attract a top 50 -100 range of BB player.

And once you get one, it is significantly easier to attract others.

You gotta believe!

Comment

IF CU and SIU can get Top 100 players there's no reason we should be left out. Just get some wins and get some attention and they'll come. Great facilities and fan support in a good league. That has to be attractive.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i thought the fans were a lil better than usual.
                      sorry i cant say more.
                      But to back up the point about recruits.
                      Garrett said on the news that he came because of the coaches and the fans.
                      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Does anyone know what it takes to become a MCDonalds All American?? Would by any chance Garrett make the qualifications?? just a thought.

Comment

Actually, they nominate a ton of players every year. I don't know how many but I played with a guy who was awarded the plaque or whatever in HS. We made a big deal out of it. He had a couple of D1 offers but ended up at Washburn. So Garrett may get that but he won't be one of the few that plays in the game.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think you they have to be voted in.

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X