It's as simple as that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's as simple as that...

The word here is EFFORT. We had it tonight (with the exception of Durley as usual). If you give it... good things are bound to happen. Nice to see the guys rebound after the last game and the piss poor err... no they didnt even give a piss poor effort the last game. Way to go fellas keep up the effort and we will win some games... It's as simple as that.

I agree.

Even if it's you.. :yahoo: :clap:
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Re: It's as simple as that...

Originally posted by t7017s
      The word here is EFFORT. We had it tonight (with the exception of Durley as usual). If you give it... good things are bound to happen. Nice to see the guys rebound after the last game and the piss poor err... no they didnt even give a piss poor effort the last game. Way to go fellas keep up the effort and we will win some games... It's as simple as that.
      i am a student and sat in the season ticket holder seats, and all I can say is that OUR FANS DO CARE. A lady in a purple shirt and black pants was screaming the entire time and it made me proud to be a Shocker FAN. This lady went through a roller coaster of emotions, and it just seemed to me that she cared about every freaking play. OUR FAN BASE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NATION, PERIOD>
      ________
      Strawberry cough pictures
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

You're sure right about the effort. It was great last night. Others have said it and so have I--at this point it's not about winning games so much as it is about effort, and finishing the season strong, and last night the team got back on track for that.

The seniors set the tone for that.

It's good to see our team back after that 20 minutes of vacation at Evansville.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
          You're sure right about the effort. It was great last night. Others have said it and so have I--at this point it's not about winning games so much as it is about effort, and finishing the season strong, and last night the team got back on track for that.

Evansville was more like 30-35 minutes of vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25

I disagree with you, it is about winning games, and realizing the effort it takes as a team and individually to get it done. If we put out great effort and still lose games, the overall result is still the same. (would be questioning the talent level then).

Winning games is the goal of a basketball team, if it wasn't, then why determine a National Champion?

Comment

My point is that we're not in the hunt for a championship, and I think if we give as much effort as we can, the winning will come on it's own. One will create the other.

I see what you're saying though.

Comment

I agree with what shcokar25 has said. Sure, winning is the goal and we'd love to see more of it this year. But it's easier to accept and cheer for a losing team during a rebuilding/transition year when they're competing and showing effort and heart as opposed to the UE game.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                X