Trees v. Shockers Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees v. Shockers Post Game Comments

1. Did anyone catch the stare that Coach Marshall gave JT, after JT's little mishap in the NW corner?

2. Did anyone catch Coach Marshall, when he shed his coat?

3. Did anyone catch Coach Marshall, when he said something to Coach Jans? I interpreted it as "Sit down and shut up" or something to that effect. Later, he apologized to Coach Jans.

4. Is it just me or is Aaron showing signs of progress? I kinda liked what I saw tonight. I loved the one rip away rebound he had. He has had two nice games in a row.

5. I swear, I hold my breath every time Matt goes inside the 3 line.

6. Wendell did not play a minute.

7. Lance Harris has to be the National Walk On of the Year. Although the one pass he threw gave pause. The pass went straight to Moore. He made up for it by going 2-3 from 3.

8. I think this is the first time that JT has been double teamed so much. Even though he struggled against the double team, I think he learned a valuable lesson about how to play against the defense.

9. Clemente is not a lot of things, but lack of heart is not one of them. Damn, he has "want to", when he rebounds.

10. I am still not sure how we won the game.

11. Gal's Asst/TO ratio was 3.0.

12. Was that a great rebound by PJ around the 1:15 mark? It looked like he was trapped and falling out of bounds and Coach Marshall called time-out.

13. I still do not know why Matt was teed up? Anyone know why? I thought it might cost us the game.

matt said "no!no!no!"

referenced by HCGM.
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Bad game by Durley. What a waste. Progress by Ellis. Gal makes horrible decisions. Our lack of a post player does not hurt us in this kind of matchup.

Comment

I also noticed that coach gave Ramon quite a talking to after he fouled a guy taking a 3 pt. shot. The guy ended up missing his free throw thank goodness, but coach was NOT happy with Ramon. Can't say that I blame him.

The seniors were the story of this game. Ellis is improving. JT is still making freshman mistakes, and of course he is a freshman, so that's not suprising.

Coach said on the postgame that Ellis might even redshirt next year? I don't know how serious he was though.

Comment

Re: Trees v. Shockers Post Game Comments

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
          1. Did anyone catch the stare that Coach Marshall gave JT, after JT's little mishap in the NW corner?

2. Did anyone catch Coach Marshall, when he shed his coat?

3. Did anyone catch Coach Marshall, when he said something to Coach Jans? I interpreted it as "Sit down and shut up" or something to that effect. Later, he apologized to Coach Jans.

4. Is it just me or is Aaron showing signs of progress? I kinda liked what I saw tonight. I loved the one rip away rebound he had. He has had two nice games in a row.

5. I swear, I hold my breath every time Matt goes inside the 3 line.

6. Wendell did not play a minute.

7. Lance Harris has to be the National Walk On of the Year. Although the one pass he threw gave pause. The pass went straight to Moore. He made up for it by going 2-3 from 3.

8. I think this is the first time that JT has been double teamed so much. Even though he struggled against the double team, I think he learned a valuable lesson about how to play against the defense.

9. Clemente is not a lot of things, but lack of heart is not one of them. Damn, he has "want to", when he rebounds.

10. I am still not sure how we won the game.

11. Gal's Asst/TO ratio was 3.0.

12. Was that a great rebound by PJ around the 1:15 mark? It looked like he was trapped and falling out of bounds and Coach Marshall called time-out.

13. I still do not know why Matt was teed up? Anyone know why? I thought it might cost us the game.
          14. Did anyone catch the verbal exchange between Coach Marshall and Ramon after he hacked the guy while he drained the trey? Watching the Shocker bench is sometimes better than watching the game.
          SFL is back!

Comment

taken from Indiana State Forum

Crowd is really loud in Wichita. Amazing how much louder the crowd sounds on the radio compared to ours....

Keep it together, weather the storm and get back on track. Hope this crowd doesn't take us out of this one. Wish Terre Haute sounded like that on game day.....
            ISU loses 65-60 to a team that is horrible. HORRIBLE. NO excuses on this one. We just chocked coming down the stretch. PATHETIC. So once again we are treated to another Play-in game in StL. And we wonder why every year we have the worst attendance of any team in the Valley in STL. Who wants to watch another last place team lose in the first round again. Just sorry, all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              taken from Indiana State Forum

Crowd is really loud in Wichita. Amazing how much louder the crowd sounds on the radio compared to ours....
              Of course our arena sounds louder than theirs. Doesn't Indiana State average something like 150 fans a game? 8)
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I loved the way the guys did not fold when INS went up by 7 midway throught the second half.

Unlikely we comeback and win this game without Matt.

Seniors looked like they simply made of their minds that another loss at home was not acceptable.

Matt with 32 hard minutes in only his second game back. Unbelievable toughness.

Great hustle by Lance Harris. Much better shooter then Wendell.

And Aaron Ellis with some big and aggressive plays at key points in the second half. He is starting to get it.

HCGM went with a 8 man rotation tonight. Preadom and Hatch did not see the floor.

Mick Yelovich (#50) for INS is a big man. Listed at 6'10" and 265 but my guess he is a lot closer to 300. Fortunately, he can't play a lick of basketball. Note to Mick -- see former Shocker big man Puau Wight for career advice.

Comment

NOT EVEN---A 28'-3 point- "bank slop shot" could stop us tonight. The Seniors prevailed tonight and rose above the career nights and unconscience shooting by our opponets that has plagued us all year in other games!!!!!!!

NOT EVEN--stale nachos would stop us---Eliis and Lance Harris are stepping up!!!!!!! Lance is D--ing up and AE was using his long reach to get us some key rebounds.

NOT EVEN----5-6 concussions have stopped MB from getting in there and having his best year as a Shocker!!!!!!!

NOT EVEN--- an emotional ref calling the T on MB could deny the Shocks.

NOT EVEN--Our own awful free-throw shooting tonight could prevent us winning tonight.

NOT EVEN---the basketball gods would be against us tonight.

NOT EVEN--Are these Shocks done fighting and clawing out some wins yet this very Season!!!!!!! RC is rebounding consistantly and the Coach got in his face tonight to keep him mean!!! JT got a big rebound at the end after almost getting benched for a long spell. LH had his best game as a Shock tonight and he will have bigger ones before it is over. GM was not forcing things even though he had a flat night. MB, PJ, and PT did some gut checks and led us to the win. The Senior Night this Season will be awesome. We can start all 4 and not hurt a thing!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                    Bad game by Durley. What a waste. Progress by Ellis. Gal makes horrible decisions. Our lack of a post player does not hurt us in this kind of matchup.
                    I'm not one of the people that defends Gal all the time here, but I have to ask, what bad decisions? Yeah I can think of one that he made tonight, but he played a pretty solid game tonight.

Comment

Ramon will be standing a lot the rest of the month. Had it not been for the run by Matt, JT would have been taken behind the woodshed too.

Before he got here, I said Gregg is just as much fun to watch as the game itself. I suspect Gregg will petition the MVC office to have those "officials" immediately removed from the MVC.

Congrats to Aaron Ellis. Aside from Matt, the person I am most happy for is Aaron.
                      Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                        Originally posted by pinstripers
                        I'm not one of the people that defends Gal all the time here, but I have to ask, what bad decisions? Yeah I can think of one that he made tonight, but he played a pretty solid game tonight.
                        I have been on the road a lot lately so I have not had the chance to read the forum or catch every game on the net. However, I did catch the last few minutes last night.

After reading the box score this morning, I note 6 assists to only 2 TOs for Mekel (he also had 6 boards). Sure he didn’t shoot well but his assist to TO ratio is pretty solid. So I also have to ask, what bad decisions? On paper he played pretty well.

Comment

Here were my thoughts last night.

I only saw two quesionable calls tonight. If all Matt said was no no no he didn't deserve it. The other was the phantom shot clock violation that took away a wide open layup for the Shox. It was a well called game though. Nice to see.

Nice to see the guys continue to fight and never give up. I was a little worried when we went down about 8 or so. Major momentum shift but they came back and took care of business.

Having Matt back is HUGE!!! He's obviously the leader of the team and the little general on the court. Great ovation when he was announced as the starter.

Cooz played inspired. Great energy and effort and there were times when he just refused to be denied.

Ellis was great tonight. He showed a lot of effort and played strong. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come. I really like this kid. Great block in the 2nd as well.

Gall was solid. With the exception of the boneheaded TO late. I have no idea what he was thinking.

Lance deserves to be on the court. He plays with a lot of energy and never lacks effort. I believe he hit two nice threes and showed some nice D.

JT didn't have one of his better games. He didn't flat out suck but I was surprised he got back in late after the death stare he got from Marshall after he got pulled for being an idiot.

Ramon played well. I love the way he attacks the rebounds.

Phil was solid. I don't know what else to say.

Hatch, Preadom and Burley I believe are the only ones not to play. Interesting that Wendell didn't get in at all but with Matt playing 32 minutes and Lance playing as well as he was....
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

After the post game show, the other show had Coach Jans on and I asked if Coach was going to at the signing tomorrow because tonight at the press conference he sounded like he was really really sick and Coach Jans said that when the game was almost over, Coach M almost fainted and the other coaches at to pick him up, lest he fall.

Comment

Re: Trees v. Shockers Post Game Comments

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                              I thought he made up for it with the big steal and dish to Matt that cut it to two. That's one high-value walk-on for sure.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                              X