Best and Worst MVC Campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst MVC Campuses

Best and worst MVC campuses. Unfortunatley I do not currently have the tiime to be able to be able to follow the Shockers on road trips, although I know many of you have done that.

I was just curious how you would rate other MVC campuses, especially relative to our campus at WSU.

When I attended WSU in the late 60's and early 70's I did not think it was the most appealling campus, although I did not have much to comapre it to. Yale Street (IIRC) cut through the heart of the campus and passed right the east side of the CAC. Ablah Library pretty much marked the NE edge of the campus.

Since that time I think the campus has matured wonderfully and they have done a great job giving it a "true campus" feel, even with all the parking. I love walking the campus during baseball season. I park in the lots along 17th street and enjoy a nice 15 minute stroll through the campus.

The only other MVC campus I have seen was Missouri State when I attended the MVC Volleyball Tournament this past November. Being in the Ozarks, I was expecting a really hilly, tree-filled campus. To my surprise, I thought the MSU campus was quite sterile looking and with little to no character at all.

I really wasn't anticipating that, but I came away thinking the WSU campus has the MSU campus beat hands down.

Any other experiences with MVC campuses or thoughts on WSU's campus.

I visited Drake in 2006. At that time, the Drake campus did not look good. My guess is that even with improvements, Drake is far below WSU in appearance. If DUBulldog visited the WSU campus in the daytime, he might offer his opinions of the Drake and WSU campuses.

I visited SwMSU (now MSU) 10-20 years ago and was not impressed. I visited Indiana State about 15 years ago and was also not impressed.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      I visited Drake in 2006. At that time, the Drake campus did not look good. My guess is that even with improvements, Drake is far below WSU in appearance. If DUBulldog visited the WSU campus in the daytime, he might offer his opinions of the Drake and WSU campuses.
      Spangler, you were at Drake in January or February....take my word for it....this far north, nothing looks good in January or February. I have no idea how Drake compares to any other school aesthetically, I really don't even notice those kind of things.

Comment

I'd like to help but when we travel the schedule is usally pretty tight. Not much time left in town between our arrival and tipoff. I've driven by CU, DU and MSU. None of these are college towns. CU appeard to be the nicer of the three.

The campuses are in the cities. Not much to describe. Cursory comparison and WSU is much nicer by far.

UNI is closer to a college town. It is more spread out and has rolling terrain. It was 8 degrees below zero after the game last year so we didn't take any extra time.

Sullentop in his shockwaves blog gives comparisons about the shools and communites. He even ranks them. You might check there.

Comment

Hate to say it but Carbondale is a pretty good campus experience or at least it was 20 yers ago. College town and campus with old buildings, trees, and a nice little strip nearby with plenty of restaurants and watering holes. Fantastic baseball atmosphere unless they have updated.

Comment

Creighton has a nice campus until you step off about 50 feet from campus. True Jesuit way

Comment

Working...
            X