• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    Eck

Originally posted by ISASO
    Relax, I suspect Steve Eck will be a strong candidate for both jobs.
    Yesssss! You da man, ISASO. That's the only comment that makes this thread worth having.

:clap:

Leave a comment:

• tropicalshox
    replied
    OK. Now we have two good reasons to relax.

Leave a comment:

• SpanglerFan316
    replied
    Just so you can quit worrying, I'll agree to take over the team next year if Marshall leaves. :whistle: So you can relax now. :shock: :-x
    :lol: :yahoo: :D

Leave a comment:

• tropicalshox
    replied
    Another SEC coach, Dennis Felton at Georgia is in trouble with his 11-9 team. If he is gone, the same names for South Carolina, including Marshall will head their list. It's safe to assume Grant will be somewhere other than UVC next year and it will probably be at a SEC school.

We need to relax and assume Marshall will be with us next year and for years to come. If we don't relax, we will all get an ulcer, if not this year, sometime in the future. Marshall's name will come up every year for several postions. If it doesn't, it means WSU is doing very badly.

For those needing help in relaxing, remember that JS will do everything possible to keep Marshall with us. It will not make his hire look good if we lose a second coach in two years.

While on the topic of Georgia, Chris Barnes as a freshman is averaging 8.9 minutues and 2.6 ppg.

Leave a comment:

• fastbow
    replied
    Goonie? Me?

Nothing I said there was anything someone with half a brain couldn't observe themselves...

In the long run, money and dream jobs aren't as important as they look at the moment. IF Marshall's even a candidate for any job, he'll do what's best for his family. Still, he looks to be here to stay. Hopefully he's gaining a growing hatred for the rest of the Valley of Death so he can feel good about beating their pants off in later years...

Leave a comment:

• tropicalshox
    replied
    Originally posted by fastbow
    He already has recruits coming for next year that he loves, and who probably won't follow him if he jumps ship. .
    They definitely will not follow him if he leaves. Marshal's belief about what the right thing to do in such a circumstance has been clearly stated.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Another goonie comes out of the woodwork.
    <cough, cough, cough> (another cough added for emphasis)

Leave a comment:

• newshock1234
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Why would HCGM leave?
    Give one good reason besides money and South Carolina.
    Well geez.. just those two unimportant reasons? :roll:

He's already had a few bumps adjusting to Wichita's media market. Imagine the jump to an SEC team. In that division, they FOIA you to death. He already has recruits coming for next year that he loves, and who probably won't follow him if he jumps ship. He loves the atmosphere here. Also, HCGM is not a Nick Saban. He's a Les Miles.

Guys like ShockerFever can worry their little heads off. OMG! Schaus might fire Marshall for Bobby Knight!! O NOES!! I'm amazed one of the worry warts here isn't wetting their pants over that.

Grow up. Marshall will stay. If you doubt it, go and meet the guy. He's an honest man. Heck, just listen to him give a radio interview. As for myself, I won't be worried until Roy Williams says he's retiring and recommends Marshall to North Carolina and the Tar Heels come on their knees begging Marshall to come...
    here we go again, Mr. SF just has to get the last word in

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Why would HCGM leave?
    Well geez.. just those two unimportant reasons? :roll:

He's already had a few bumps adjusting to Wichita's media market. Imagine the jump to an SEC team. In that division, they FOIA you to death. He already has recruits coming for next year that he loves, and who probably won't follow him if he jumps ship. He loves the atmosphere here. Also, HCGM is not a Nick Saban. He's a Les Miles.

Guys like ShockerFever can worry their little heads off. OMG! Schaus might fire Marshall for Bobby Knight!! O NOES!! I'm amazed one of the worry warts here isn't wetting their pants over that.

Grow up. Marshall will stay. If you doubt it, go and meet the guy. He's an honest man. Heck, just listen to him give a radio interview. As for myself, I won't be worried until Roy Williams says he's retiring and recommends Marshall to North Carolina and the Tar Heels come on their knees begging Marshall to come...

Leave a comment:

• ISASO
    replied
    Relax, I suspect Steve Eck will be a strong candidate for both jobs.

Leave a comment:

• fastbow
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers
    uhhhhh, money and South Carolina would be TWO good reasons. I was born here and I know I am sick of this winter.......
    Boy don't I know on the winters...
    I will concede those are two reasons, but unless SC's gonna toss Marshall a big fat payday, as in SEC Football money, money's a weak reason to move...

Another reason why he's not gonna leave: the man has a family. It's not good on young kids to be moving all the time. Also, it's hard on Mrs. Marshall...

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    uhhhhh, money and South Carolina would be TWO good reasons. I was born here and I know I am sick of this winter.......

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    Wow

My goodness, they've turned the idiots loose. What I want to know is, how did they all end up here?

:roll:

Leave a comment:

• wsu789
    replied
    Hey, any time you need a little positive reinforcement for your opinions, lilshock, you just call on me! Happy to help!

Leave a comment:

• fastbow
    replied
    Why would HCGM leave?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X