how's Baker doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how's Baker doing?

For some reason I got a wild hair to check in on Evan Bakers freshman season at Quin.............. whatever.

Looks pretty solid

Has started 9 of 19 games and is averaging 11.9 points and 3.7 assist. Numbers that really stick out at me was 51% FG, 58% 3PT FG, and 80% from the charity stripe.

Also I didn't see another Baker on the roster which is the reason I thought he went there in the first place. Wonder if his brother is hurt or something.

I just wonder what he and Bowles coulda been doing this year. Heck Bowles just getting on the court would be an improvement from his current situation.

Regardless just bored so thought I would go check and share the info. I can't way till next years freshman get here!!!!! No offense to the current team but when you are losing to Evansville by double digits I got focus on the future and things are looking much better down the road.

his brothers listed on the official site. BUt it does not look like hes played at all this year.

Comment

Evann would have been a solid player here I think.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Evann would have been a solid player here I think.
        Averaging over 10ppg as a Freshman even in a weak conference I would agree.

Comment

I actually just looked him up earlier today at school...kinda weird.

He did have 21 pts against Monmouth...the only common opponent between WSU and Quinnipiac.

Comment

Evann's brother is injured and out for the season.

Comment

By the way, Evann missed two or three games due to an injury and did not start several after he came back. I check on him from time to time -- I still think we might of missed out not being that interested in him.

Comment

What's the basis for saying we weren't interested in him? As I recall, he pulled his commitment and there was a published article indicating he wasn't interested in us.
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

With a coaching change, it's not unusual for one to pull their commitment and look to be "re-recruited" by the new coach. From what I have gathered, I believe the two of them were a little cool on each other and HCGM did not go after him hard enough to make him feel really wanted. Anyone have better info?

Comment

That article doesn't give much insight, but it sounds like it was Baker who liked Turgeon and Spinelli so much, and after they left he had no interest in attending WSU. It doesn't sound like it was Marshall and/or his coaching staff's fault that Baker wanted to go somewhere else.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is correct or no but from what I have heard. Baker said he's no longer coming here but wanting to keep his options open to come here if no better offer was forthcoming. Marshall said well if you're no longer interested then neither are we, bye see ya later.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
                        I'm not sure if this is correct or no but from what I have heard. Baker said he's no longer coming here but wanting to keep his options open to come here if no better offer was forthcoming. Marshall said well if you're no longer interested then neither are we, bye see ya later.
                        that's kinda what i remember....he wanted to eat his cake and have it too

Comment

I'll go with that version. Evann left the door open, if only a little bit, HCGM didn't feel he was worth the effort to wine and dine that much. No knock on Coach as he has made it quite clear he wants players who want to be here (I agree). Evann didn't send the right vibes, whether intentional or unintentional, and the rest is history.

Comment

Forgive me, but it sorta sounds like we're just making stuff up as we go along. Kind of like Arbry Butler being a sure fire bet to grow to 6-10 because he supposedly had big feet and two tall uncles. It seems a lot of times we just "remember things", regardless of whether they ever actually happened. Myth, rumor and speculation become fact.

This isn't a knock on you guys and you may well be right about Evann, though I've never seen anything to suggest he left the door open. But from what I can tell, we are turning internet speculation into fact as to what happened with his recruitment. Someday this may evolve into "Evann Baker begged us to take him, but we turned him down..."
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Most of what I have heard was from the recuiting forum here and well let's just say the recuiting forum here. After we released Evann we made contact with him with a kinda non-committal attitude. Coaches after reviewing film, ect. decided he wasn't a good fit for the team. I get the feeling that it was mostly from him pulling his letter of intent. If you don't want to be here HCGM doesn't want you here. Simple enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X