No announcement yet.

how's Baker doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinnipiac defeated Monmouth tonight at home 62-60.

Evann Baker was one of 3 Quinnipiac players with 11 points.

He was only 1-6 from the field and did not try a 3-point shot. However, he was 9-10 from the free throw line. Sounds like a slasher.

Comment

Medical redshirt last year. Still hurt or something this year as he has played in 3 of 4 games this year averaging less than 4 minutes per game. Can't help but think he would have been better off here.

Comment

Actually, I was wondering about Evann as well. Monday, I sent off an e-mail to their basketball dept checking on Baker's status.

Comment

Hindsight is always going to be 20-20. A good chance at starting on a rebuilding WSU team might have looked good to Bowles who spent his time at aTm keeping the water cooler company in his stay there. Baker could have jumped right in as the only true PG on the team when Matty went down to injury. HCGM came in wanting only players who wanted to be here and wanted to play for WSU and him. If Bowles wanted to follow Turgeon to aTM fine, if Baker wanted to de-commit and keep his options open okay, but maybe we need to review some things and get back to you or not.

So maybe both players listened to some bad advise and Bowles spent a year at aTm keeping the water cooler company. Baker has had a ton of problems. it seems mostly medical even making it to the floor at a low major program. The grass isn't always greener where ever. Most of us make bad decisions at one time or another, theirs are just more public than most of ours.

Comment

Watched the last 10 minutes of the Clemson-Texas A&M game. Didn't see Noel play.
            In the fast lane

Comment

If Noel were here and doing what he's doing at Clemson, some of the fans here would be on his backside like stink on a skunk.

18.5 minutes, 8 points, 2.3 boards, but 36.7% from the field and 31.3% from 3.

That's underperforming, even for a Fr, by the standards of some WSU fans.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hater.

Comment

I received my reply today:

"Thanks for the email. Evann is still trying to come back from his knee surgery. It was a very serious injury and we knew that a lengthy rehab was in his future. He is a great kid and if we can ever get him back to 100% we will be a much better team. As you mentioned he had a very productive freshman year. Hopefully 3 years from now we will be looking at this injury as a small bump in a great career for him.

Sincerely,

Jon Iati
                  Director of Basketball Operations
                  Quinnipiac University"

I don't begrudge either Baker or Bowles for not coming to WSU, although I must admit, deep down, I probably didn't want Bowles to succeed at aTm because of MT allowing him to follow him there. Coaching changes always have an effect on new recruits as well as existing players. Most stay, some don't, and I can understand why. I wish the best for Evann and never like seeing these kind of injuries.

Comment

Working...
                  X