is there an ability to say....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there an ability to say....

...that we are not very good right now, and our effort last night in the second half was dismal, and NOT be questioned as a fan?

i don't believe in wholesale verbal drubbings of a team(girls program excepted...but they've had 5 years to fix THAT dismal ship) and i 'm very confident in gregg, but there are nights we look really bad. let's don't act like if it happens and we talk about it, all of a sudden we stink as fans.we will be just as jazzed to talk about great efforts!

Yeah, look at Iowa St. I'd consider McDermott a pretty good basketball coach, but some of the performances that team puts forth are very questionable.

Comment

I'm not worried! Good things are in our future! :posterwsu: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

kcshocker, these "ood" things, are they gonna be helpful to us next year?

I'm not familiar with the concept of "ood"

j/k
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
          kcshocker, these "ood" things, are they gonna be helpful to us next year?

I'm not familiar with the concept of "ood"

j/k
          Hes a 12 ft recruit :D
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ooh!!!

That'll come in handy!!
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

And he runs like a deer. ;-)
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Re: is there an ability to say....

Originally posted by molly jabali
                ...that we are not very good right now, and our effort last night in the second half was dismal, and NOT be questioned as a fan?
                Of course! Let us look at an example class...

Bad: THAT WAS JUST HORRIBLE! TURGEON SCREWED US AND HCGM WAS AN AWFUL HIRE. I WON'T GO TO ANY MORE GAMES THIS SEASON, THIS IS SICKENING.
                Good: That was just horrible. This year was setup for failure, so there is no reasonable way to judge HCGM at this point, but it seems like maybe even he has thrown in the towel on his starting year. I'll still go to the games because these guys need the fan support (the seniors have earned it and the underclassmen will only improve if they know the fans are there for them). It may not be the prettiest basketball and we may downright suck, but it is still just a game and I'm still a fan.

Whenever someone comes off as an idiot, their message is going to be misconstrued. When that happens, one of the natural side effects is to question that person's fandom.

As always, there is the wrong way, and then there is the Rosewood way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                  Lemme guess - you aren't married are you?

Comment

That was just horrible. This year was setup for failure, so there is no reasonable way to judge HCGM at this point. I'll still go to the games because these guys need the fan support (the seniors have earned it and the underclassmen will improve more if they know the fans are there for them). It may not be the prettiest basketball and we may downright suck, but it is still just a game and I'm still a fan.

;-) :D
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                      Lemme guess - you aren't married are you?
                      I think what he meant to say is:

As always, there is the wrong way, and then there is the Mrs. Rosewood way.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
                        Of course! Let us look at an example class...

Bad: THAT WAS JUST HORRIBLE! TURGEON SCREWED US AND HCGM WAS AN AWFUL HIRE. I WON'T GO TO ANY MORE GAMES THIS SEASON, THIS IS SICKENING.
                        Good: That was just horrible. This year was setup for failure, so there is no reasonable way to judge HCGM at this point, but it seems like maybe even he has thrown in the towel on his starting year. I'll still go to the games because these guys need the fan support (the seniors have earned it and the underclassmen will only improve if they know the fans are there for them). It may not be the prettiest basketball and we may downright suck, but it is still just a game and I'm still a fan.

Whenever someone comes off as an idiot, their message is going to be misconstrued. When that happens, one of the natural side effects is to question that person's fandom.

Excellent. I would like to add that anytime someone is negative and the point of focus is how the outcome of the team adversely affects the fan directly (ex. I am just totally disgusted and sickened.....) then the fandom can come into question.

Comment

Working...
                        X