X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turgeon gives props to the Shocker crowd

Daily Dose: Turgeon's new league bigger, faster
    Published Thursday, February 07, 2008
    With the halfway point of the Big 12 season approaching, Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon was asked Monday to note the difference between the Missouri Valley, where he coached Wichita State, and his new league.

"Obviously the players are bigger and stronger and faster, but I knew that coming in," Turgeon said. "So are my guys (at A&M). I think the biggest difference is the road crowds. We've run into some tough crowds at Creighton and Southern Illinois, but the road crowds (in the Big 12) are a little bit louder, except than at Creighton and Wichita State, than in the Valley."

The question was prompted at Monday's Big 12 teleconference with Turgeon set to face another former Valley coach, Greg McDermott, as A&M traveled to Iowa State.

A&M beat McDermott, who previously coached at Northern Iowa, and ISU 69-51 on Tuesday.

I notice AG fans have let up a little on Turg.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
      I notice AG fans have let up a little on Turg.
      they started winning again. that happens

Comment

good riddance.
        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

ya he is 19-4 and ranked in the top 20! Ya tell me again why marshall is making as much money or more than turgeon did at wsu?
          Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Fatguy
            ya he is 19-4 and ranked in the top 20! Ya tell me again why marshall is making as much money or more than turgeon did at wsu?

Give me a break. :roll:
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

wow you got to be kidding me, Cohen could be 19-4 with the kind of talent Turgeon inherited at A &M
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Is there a bad case of myopia overtaking some members of the board?

Go Marshall!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Fatguy, that's a classic... you'd better head to the buffet line with cousin Eddie and get some brain food.
                  :good:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                    Is there a bad case of myopia overtaking some members of the board?

Go Marshall!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                    Well put.

Comment

I disagree, not everybody would be 19-4 with the type of talent Turgeon has at Texas A&M. Coaching still plays a part in it, although having talent certainly helps. Nobody wants to be at a school where the talent level isn't quite there, and it's definitely not there at WSU right now.

Comment

When Mark made his rant about when aTm wins its Gillespie but when they lose its his, I'm thinking he should take some of Gregg's losses too.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                          I disagree, not everybody would be 19-4 with the type of talent Turgeon has at Texas A&M. Coaching still plays a part in it, although having talent certainly helps. Nobody wants to be at a school where the talent level isn't quite there, and it's definitely not there at WSU right now.
                          No, most good caoches would be at 20 and 3 or 21 and 2.

Comment

lol, funny Zardoz, very doubtful. No way could I coach A&M to a 19-4 record this year, not everybody is that good. But since you think you're so good, go ahead and apply for the LSU job. If you get it, then I want you to go undefeated next year. Either that or get a clue.

Comment

Except LSU doesn't have the talent that aTm has.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X