so...was THIS the low point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so...was THIS the low point?

...following a great effort at a good creighton, lead by 10 at half, completely fold in the second.

wow...amazing.at a loss for explanations.

I think it's more appropriate to think in terms of the entire season as a low point.The good news is, as we all know things will look up next season.I just HATE seeing guys like PJ and Matt who have been to the 'pinnacle' so to speak have to end their runs here at WSU on such a downer note.Perhaps they can get some success at the end.  Hopefully we'll get some serious revenge on Evansville on senior night.  I think that our guys might be up for it.

Comment

Has the team finally 'accepted its fate'? Did all of the losses this season and dashed hopes finally get to their heads? While I hope not, it might not be out of line to think it might have.

I'm not saying that they've consciously decided to pack it in, but perhaps the strain of all that's happened, and all the close heartbreaking losses and injuries, etc... have finally drained them?

These kids are winners at heart, and some have actually been WINNERS on the court (particularly the seniors) but it's gotta be tough after losing 8 out of the last 10 games--often in close fashion. At some point I'm sure it gets tough to put that behind them and play at the level they need to.

I'm really not trying to make excuses for them--more just trying to rationalize what might be happening. I guess all we can do is speculate. Hopefully they'll recharge. That's all we can do is hope.

Comment

This was one of the worst efforts I have even seen from a Shocker team. I believe Marshall has a lot of thinking on just how many of these guys he even wants back next year.

Comment

What the team needs is a series of in person pep talks starting with Duke (or -uke if you can remember that far back) Tsomba and concluding with X.

Go Shocks!!!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
            What the team needs is a series of in person pep talks starting with Duke (or -uke if you can remember that far back) Tsomba and concluding with X.

Go Shocks!!!!
            B.F. (before Fahnestock), I sat on row one in the southwest corner. So, I was able to watch _uke up close and personal. He was one heck of an athlete and very likeable.

Alas, he could not or would not guard a statue.

Comment

I think it needs to start with X, be followed up with X, and then finished off with X. Maybe someone else could end up in there as well.

X put the fear of god in me one day, and I was just watching him yell at the players. That dude is scary. Really scary.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                I think it needs to start with X, be followed up with X, and then finished off with X. Maybe someone else could end up in there as well.

X put the fear of god in me one day, and I was just watching him yell at the players. That dude is scary. Really scary.
                I'd bring the general in here and throw him in the mix.

Comment

I think of it as step one! :goshocks: 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Just listened to Sports Daily - they were really worked up on WSU (Dennis/Haertl).

Some very interesting opinions from Craig Steven relayed via Haertl.

Comment

No, the lowpoint was losing to Monmouth. We've just remained there ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                        Just listened to Sports Daily - they were really worked up on WSU (Dennis/Haertl).

Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                          Originally posted by SB Shock

Please explain.
                          According to Haertl, Craig Steven thinks that somebody needs to step up and kick somebody @$$ on the team (literally).

Comment

Kick someone's @$$ specifically, put a boot to thier @$$, or kick them off the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                              Kick someone's @$$ specifically, put a boot to thier @$$, or kick them off the team?
                              He was saying in his opinion this team was missing a leader on the team that was willing to stick a boot up theirs... when chose not to give 100%.

It's in the first segment on the podcast.

Comment

Working...
                              X