No announcement yet.

It was great to see Matt play again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was great to see Matt play again...

To me, the only bright spot to this otherwise thoroughly confusing (where was the effort in the 2nd half?) and frustrating game was seeing Matt run the point again.

His quickness is neat to see and hopefully he can inject some enthusiasm in this team in the last few games.

Welcome back Matt. We've missed ya.

Too bad the rest of the team couldn't show up to play

Comment

True, true. Matt's just exciting to watch. His speed (granted they play a different style of ball) makes Gal look like he's in slow motion! I remember when he was a freshman just how out of control he was, but he was always fun to watch. He still is--just more refined.

I hope he does join the coaching staff--it'd be a real shame to not have him associated with us.

Comment

I guess Matt had been out so long I forgot how freaking fast he was with the ball. Man I miss seeing that on the court. Can't wait to give him a huge ovation back in the Dub.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          I guess Matt had been out so long I forgot how freaking fast he was with the ball. Man I miss seeing that on the court. Can't wait to give him a huge ovation back in the Dub.
          ABSOLUTELY. That's the best comment I've heard in a long time. Matt's been sorely missed, and we need to give him a big-ol Chuck WELCOME BACK.

Comment

I agree completely! Matt was the 1 and only bright spot tonight! The rest of his teammates need to apologize to him for their lack of enthusiasm!

Comment

Matt seem to play at 2X the speed of everybody else out out there.

When he hit we were fine, after that not so well.

Comment

That headgear was pretty stylish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                  That headgear was pretty stylish.
                  It really didn't look bad at all. I did notice that he probably isn't 100% comfortable with it, as I saw him pushing it up or adjusting it several times throughout the game--especially after he made a play. Small price to pay to get him back though...

Comment

Not to mention that he led ALL scorers at halftime with 7 points. How about that 3 right before halftime, that was NBA range.

Comment

I can't wait to lose my voice Saturday when I cheer for him. Hopefully, the rest of the team will show up and play.

Comment

I know he didn't play much and his minutes should increase, but I'm not sure that even he will be able to help the team rise up out of the cellar. Last night sure wasn't comforting.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock
                          I know he didn't play much and his minutes should increase, but I'm not sure that even he will be able to help the team rise up out of the cellar. Last night sure wasn't comforting.
                          Why not? Looking at Evansville's schedule down the stretch it is highly unlikely they will win another game. We play them at home and while our success at home has been mediocre, you have to like our chances in that game.
                          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

If I was matt (and I'm clearly not) I would have walked into that locker room last night and said who the hell are you guys... I dont know any of you. Oh and by the way I'm done playing. I wont be playing next game or any the rest of the season because you guys are pathetic and embarrasing and I dont want any part of that bs that you just pulled. I'm freaking ashamed. I'd have put it on them something heavy. Now I would have continued to play of course but I would have laid it on them just to get their attention and emphasize just how sorry last night was and that I wouldnt accept or tolerate that sort of effort (or lack there of) while im a contributing member of this team. Period!!! I said good day!!!

Comment

It is amazing how much quickness and speed we lack. Matt being on the floor really shows that.

Comment

Working...
                              X