2008-2009 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-2009 Schedule

I know it's not finished, but with the announcement of the bracketbuster opponent our non-conference schedule is starting to take shape. Here's what I think we have so far.

Northern Arizona (home)
    UMKC (home)
    Texas Tech (away)
    Old Spice Classic (3 in Orlando against Gonzaga, Maryland, Memphis, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Siena or Tennessee)

Does anyone know of any other games that are signed to the dotted line? We will have 5 or 6 more non-conference games in addition to this.

Was UAB a one and done? Believe we still have to play Wyoming at their place also. First year was a "neutral" site, then here and then at their place I believe.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Yes, UAB was a one-and-done.

As for Wyoming, that better not have been a 1-1-1 situation or else we got hosed. I don't think the "neutral" game was considered as such by Wyoming since it was a game they play there every year.

Comment

We have no more obligation with Wyoming.

Comment

Hmmm could have swore that it was a 1-1-1 which alot of us groaned about. Oh well, good to know.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
            Hmmm could have swore that it was a 1-1-1 which alot of us groaned about. Oh well, good to know.
            There was some groaning, but I think it was because we were playing there first. That was the year we played AT GMU, AT LSU, and AT SU.

Comment

I thought it was a 1-1-1 also.
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                Nope. It was always a "neutral" and one.

We'll also have a Bracket Buster's home game next year.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

LSU somewhere neutral but still in Louisana

Comment

Originally posted by ReturnoftheGlorydays
                    LSU @ Baton rouge
                    Read the coach's show thread.

Comment

LSU @ Baton rouge
                      That has been postponed to 2009 at the request of LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuBoy13
                        LSU @ Baton rouge
                        That has been postponed to 2009 at the request of LSU.
                        And, it was never going to be in Baton Rouge. It was either Shreveport, or now there's a rumor of Dallas.

Comment

Negative. Not until 09-10 per the LSU request.

Which, btw, they are NEVER going to schedule us again. We beat them at their place coming off a Final Four appearance, then thump them at our place in a down year and I promise you they are going to be torched by us in 2 more years, perhaps in front of more WSU fans than Tiger fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Which, btw, they are NEVER going to schedule us again. We beat them at their place coming off a Final Four appearance, then thump them at our place in a down year and I promise you they are going to be torched by us in 2 more years, perhaps in front of more WSU fans than Tiger fans.
                            Yeah, assuming their coach hasn't already been fired, he probably doesn't want to get beat 3 years in a row or else he'll be gone for sure.

So, let's see, who's on the list of schools who will never play us again.

1. Syracuse
                            2. LSU
                            3. Providence
                            4. ...any more?

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                              Originally posted by WuDrWu

Yeah, assuming their coach hasn't already been fired, he probably doesn't want to get beat 3 years in a row or else he'll be gone for sure.

So, let's see, who's on the list of schools who will never play us again.

1. Syracuse
                              2. LSU
                              3. Providence
                              4. ...any more?

KU!!

:-x

Comment

Working...
                              X