Coaches Show (2/4/08)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Although there's also talk that the neutral game could be played in Dallas. If that happens I'm all for postponing it a year.
    The LSU game in Dallas?

Comment

Although there's also talk that the neutral game could be played in Dallas. If that happens I'm all for postponing it a year.
      that would make it more neutral, since it would be even travel for both teams
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I don't care how neutral it is. But I know WSU would LOVE to have a game in Texas. And Dallas wouldn't be a bad place. Houston may be better but either would do.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          Neutral?

Heck, it'd be a home game for half the team.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            Neutral?

Heck, it'd be a home game for half the team.
            I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Kyle's family could whip up a meal while they're down there.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              Actually, it favors us quite a bit.

Baton Rouge, LA to Dallas, TX = 440 miles

Wichita, KS to Dallas, TX = 363 miles
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I wonder how they would travel? I imagine we would send quite a few people, they probably have quite a few alumnus in Dallas that would come watch them.

Wouldn't it be great if a mid-major traveled better to a true neutral site than a BCS conference school?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  I wonder how they would travel? I imagine we would send quite a few people, they probably have quite a few alumnus in Dallas that would come watch them.

Wouldn't it be great if a mid-major traveled better to a true neutral site than a BCS conference school?
                  Considering they only had about 8,000 (maybe less?) show up when we played them last year in Baton Rouge (when they were ranked #4), I doubt they travel that well in the heart of football season.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I stopped by applebees to talk to coach for a minute and there were quite a few people there. It was fun to watch him do the show and his facial expressions to stupid questions and that "no-call" about Creighton traveling. It was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                      I don't think you'd have to worry about that. I can guarantee you that we'd travel better. Even after this year.

Comment

Did anyone else catch the comment that coach made in response to a caller (I can't remember the question unfortunately) about scoring points and allowing points in games..

It was something to the effect that he'd rather lose 58-60 or win 60-58 than lose 110-108 or whatever. I believe he said he just has it engrained in him that teams should not be able to score that many points if you're playing good defense.

That's an interesting philosophy that I really like. Although, I'm sure that he also wouldn't mind it if we could win 110-58 of course (it's ok if WE can score that many points, just not the opposition... ;-) )

Did anyone else catch this?

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                          Did anyone else catch the comment that coach made in response to a caller (I can't remember the question unfortunately) about scoring points and allowing points in games..

It was something to the effect that he'd rather lose 58-60 or win 60-58 than lose 110-108 or whatever. I believe he said he just has it engrained in him that teams should not be able to score that many points if you're playing good defense.

That's an interesting philosophy that I really like. Although, I'm sure that he also wouldn't mind it if we could win 110-58 of course (it's ok if WE can score that many points, just not the opposition... ;-) )

Did anyone else catch this?
                          Yes, I heard the same thing. He then said it was the job of his defense to create the excitement with fast breaks off of steals (turnovers) and rebounds. He also mentioned that after a made basket by the opponent, you probably won’t see a lot of run and gun style up the court, unless we’re being pressed… you’ll typically see a series of set plays.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X