X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost brings a tear to my eye. sniff

Comment

• MAN, NOTHING BEATS A GIANT WU SHOCK.
      :excitement::good::excitement::good::excitement::g ood::excitement::good::excitement::good:
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• @ShockBand: must have been at Volleyball 101 tonight. It's just up for a couple of days for 101 and 2 days of practices.

And yes, it's freaking awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          @ShockBand must have been at Volleyball 101 tonight. It's just up for a couple of days for 101 and 2 days of practices.

And yes, it's freaking awesome.
          Agreed, it was an awe inspring sight at the V101 dinner tonight. The screens above the vomitories looked good too. Still had a few of the old speakers that are hanging from the ceiling supports. Jeff Sanders said that it was quite a site to watch those guys climb out on the roof supports to detach and lower those speakers. Looking forward to seeing how the new speaker system works. Looks much differnet than anything we have had before.

Comment

• That picture of Wu Shock with the blade of wheat in his mouth reminded me of Ron Baker when he had the piece of net in his mouth. You just needed to add a few blades of wheat to his hair and you had a match.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Agreed, it was an awe inspring sight at the V101 dinner tonight. The screens above the vomitories looked good too. Still had a few of the old speakers that are hanging from the ceiling supports. Jeff Sanders said that it was quite a site to watch those guys climb out on the roof supports to detach and lower those speakers. Looking forward to seeing how the new speaker system works. Looks much different than anything we have had before.
              What's the purpose of the videos replacing the old advertising signs in the entrances? Do they hope to have rotating ads? Will they put up various statistics during lulls in action and then repost the ads? I thought they might hang these boards just above the line of sight from the top so those "higher-ups" could see action/replays with more acuity. Never did I imagine they would be high-dollar ad boards.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                What's the purpose of the videos replacing the old advertising signs in the entrances? Do they hope to have rotating ads? Will they put up various statistics during lulls in action and then repost the ads? I thought they might hang these boards just above the line of sight from the top so those "higher-ups" could see action/replays with more acuity. Never did I imagine they would be high-dollar ad boards.
                I would guess that those boards would function in much the same way as the relatively new boards in front of the scorers table (i.e. what you said about cycling through ads and also showing statistics at certain times). This is how most ribbon boards work (see Intrust, for example) and while Koch isn't suited for a full ribbon board, these essentially would serve the same purpose.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• On a somewhat related matter I was talking with Jeff Sanders about the new scoreboard, video boards and audio systems last night right before the VB101 information sessions started and Jeff said if you think the new scoreboards is nice you need to see the new locker rooms from men's basketball. He said they were fantastic.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 20, 2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• By the looks of Shaq Morris' last tweet of the scoreboard and court, it appears they have indeed switched out the old shot clocks for the newer, see through ones!

Another great upgrade!

Comment

• I just noticed that as well.
                      Shox-4-Life

Comment

• somone who follows the players on Twitter should ask them to tweet a pic of the new locker room for ShockerNation to see.

Comment

• Shaq posted one of his new locker yesterday but you couldn't really see the rest of the lockerroom. I was hoping he was going to post more.
                          Shox-4-Life

Comment

• Have I missed the photo evidence of the new shot clocks? Are they on here somewhere and I'm just overlooking them or have they been spotted elsewhere?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• image.jpg

Here is another picture from Shaq's twitter.

Comment

• From Shaq's twitter:

Edit:
                                obviously @bighouse:>@Rocky Mountain Shock:
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X