Pics of New Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
    I thought I have heard announced at college football games that the NCAA prohibits sale if alcohol at its events.
    Here's what the NCAA says.

To me, it sounds like regular season games are up to the school. At championship games, it is banned. As far as the RSC and Baseball stadium are concerned, for some reason I remember being told back when I did orientation that the RSC was owned by a separate entity. I have no idea if that's true or not, I just remember hearing that. To show how terrible my memory is on this, though, I remember being told that students could have alcohol in the wheatshocker apartments, but I just looked that up and that's not true.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been posted already, but here is a link to the school policy, where Eck Stadium and the RSC are mentioned specifically. As for why it's restricted to only those locations, I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Sorry if this has been posted already, but here is a link to the school policy, where Eck Stadium and the RSC are mentioned specifically. As for why it's restricted to only those locations, I have no idea.
        What is the deal with only selling 3.2 beer? And why do they call it cereal malt beverage?
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          What is the deal with only selling 3.2 beer? And why do they call it cereal malt beverage?
          (a) "Cereal malt beverage" means any fermented but undistilled liquorbrewed or made from malt or from a mixture of malt or malt substitute or anyflavored malt beverage, as defined inK.S.A. 2009 Supp.41-2729, and amendmentsthereto,butdoes not include any such liquor which is more than3.2% alcohol by weight.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            (a) "Cereal malt beverage" means any fermented but undistilled liquorbrewed or made from malt or from a mixture of malt or malt substitute or anyflavored malt beverage, as defined inK.S.A. 2009 Supp.41-2729, and amendmentsthereto,butdoes not include any such liquor which is more than3.2% alcohol by weight.
            Is all "beer" in Kansas really cereal malt beverage? I know when I've traveled in Kansas, all the beer at gas stations was of the 3.2 variety, but I thought you could buy regular beer elsewhere. I always stayed at Comfort Inns and similar motels and would buy a six pack of the 3.2 crap at a QT, or a place similar.

The difference between 3.2 and "regular" beer is miniscule, some beers reach 8-10%, but they are darks and other specialty beers. Your run of the mill Budweiser is only 5.0. Stripping the alcohol content to 3.2 just dillutes the taste and doesn't keep anyone from getting drunk. I've always thought the 3.2 thing was just stupid.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Is all "beer" in Kansas really cereal malt beverage? I know when I've traveled in Kansas, all the beer at gas stations was of the 3.2 variety, but I thought you could buy regular beer elsewhere. I always stayed at Comfort Inns and similar motels and would buy a six pack of the 3.2 crap at a QT, or a place similar.

The difference between 3.2 and "regular" beer is miniscule, some beers reach 8-10%, but they are darks and other specialty beers. Your run of the mill Budweiser is only 5.0. Stripping the alcohol content to 3.2 just dillutes the taste and doesn't keep anyone from getting drunk. I've always thought the 3.2 thing was just stupid.
              You can buy "full strength" at liquor stores in Kansas. Only 3.2 in grocery and convenience stores.

Comment

• Their's been a push the last few years in the legislature to allow gas stations to sell higher than 3.2% plus other alcoholic beverages but that would put liquor stores out of business.

Comment

• Next time you're in StL taking the Budweiser tour, ask the tour guide where they make the 3.2 beer vs. the "regular" stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                    Next time you're in StL taking the Budweiser tour, ask the tour guide where they make the 3.2 beer vs. the "regular" stuff.
                    They make it in the same plant. Same exact vats. To keep the flavor as close to the "regular" stuff, they use a combination of dilution and "boiling off" to reduce alcohol content. If you prefer diluted and boiled beer, 3.2 is the way to go. All in the name of stripping alcohol content from 5.0 to 3.2.

Comment

• You have to go to these magic places referred to as liquor stores. Used to be 3.2 beer was called near beer. May still be. Doesn't really make that much of a difference for for Bud, Coors, Etc, Big difference for the imports/craft beers. When I was much younger I worked in a near beer bar. You only had to be 18 to get in and drink near beer, dance, listen to bands, whatever and get very shitfaced drinking near beer. Kansas then changed the laws so you have to be 21 to drink anything, they should have done away with 3.2 beer at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                        You have to go to these magic places referred to as liquor stores. Used to be 3.2 beer was called near beer. May still be. Doesn't really make that much of a difference for for Bud, Coors, Etc, Big difference for the imports/craft beers. When I was much younger I worked in a near beer bar. You only had to be 18 to get in and drink near beer, dance, listen to bands, whatever and get very shitfaced drinking near beer. Kansas then changed the laws so you have to be 21 to drink anything, they should have done away with 3.2 beer at the same time.
                        Exactly. There is hardly a difference in alcohol content between 3.2 and "regular" beer. Whether you measure the alcohol by volume or weight, you aren't getting drunk that much slower by drinking 3.2 beer. The only difference is the 3.2 beer has one more stop in the process. Its an archaic law.

Comment

• I had some German beer once when I was in Germany ....I don't remember anything after that.

Comment

Beer (3.2) is a federal approved substitue for milk on breakfast cereal such as Wheaties.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              Beer (3.2) is a federal approved substitue for milk on breakfast cereal such as Wheaties.
                              Obamabeer?

Comment

• Actually, the "5%" that is always referred to for full strength is alcohol by volume and the 3.2 is alcohol by weight. 5% abv is only 4% abw

Comment

Working...
                                X