• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has cornelius been.....

* replaced?
    * reprimanded?
    * called by the hoops staff for a chat?

inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ryan's still alive. nothing's going to happen to him.

Comment

The U View actually published my nasty comment about The Sunflower...

What does that have to do with anything? It tells me that the Sunflower is desperate to be anything but ignored, so we're probably going to see Ryan again in the future. But, they did publish a positive column in the Sunflower after our win, so that was nice to see...
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Kennedy and Dahl talked about that article in their pregame show. The short of it was the opinion was uninformed and unfair. That's what they said on the air. My guess is they privately ripped the dip**** a new @*******.

Comment

Papers love controversy. It sells papers or increases readership. Journalists love to have their name talked about (all publicity is good publicity).

A student-run paper is no different from a cable news network. The more controversy (or "news") they create, the more they benefit.

Take them all with a grain of salt. Or better yet, don't take them at all. That's the best protest.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Papers love controversy. It sells papers or increases readership. Journalists love to have their name talked about (all publicity is good publicity).

A student-run paper is no different from a cable news network. The more controversy (or "news") they create, the more they benefit.

Take them all with a grain of salt. Or better yet, don't take them at all. That's the best protest.
            If the papers were only held to the "gold standard..."

Sorry Royal, I couldn't pass it up! ;-)
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
              Originally posted by RoyalShock

If the papers were only held to the "gold standard..."

Sorry Royal, I couldn't pass it up! ;-)
              Yes! What we need is "sound news"!

Comment

Sunflower

I went to the WSU Alumni Bldg for a meeting on Wed & noticed a stack of Sunflowers in the entry foyer. They were Tues issues, so I picked up one & looked at it to see if there were any editorial retractions or the like. There was a very constructive editorial about the WSU Mens BB program on the last page written by a different guy than Ryan C.

Comment

I think this is the said positive article....
                  Wichita State's independent, student-run news source
                  Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                  Students > Alumni
                  If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                  The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                  X