SI looks back at WSU-Gonzaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI looks back at WSU-Gonzaga

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

That game provided some very fond memories for many shocker fans. Thanks for the link.

Comment

One of the best takes on this game that I've seen.

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Will never forget Van Vleets shot.

Or Carl Halls elbow jumper.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Jake White's bucket at half was a key to maintaining some momentum heading into the break. I'm going to miss that dude....

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              Jake White's bucket at half was a key to maintaining some momentum heading into the break. I'm going to miss that dude....
              You can come watch him in Omaha in 2014.

Comment

Ron Baker (freshman) "I got this"

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  You can come watch him in Omaha in 2014.
                  I will definitely be a new fan of UNO. I look forward to Jake's awesome stats as a solid starter. He will be their Carl Hall.

Comment

I'm sure White will be a very good player and most likely a starter for UNO for two years after sitting out his transfer year. I was a fan of Jake and what he brought to the team. He wanted to be more of the man and saw that it wasn't going to happen at WSU. I wish him nothing but the best and I think we may miss him at some points in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      Ron Baker (freshman) "I got this"
                      First time I had heard this but i love it!

Comment

"Nine possessions. 23 points. A six-point deficit turned into a seven-point lead in just over seven minutes. The opponent, the top-ranked team in the land, had scored 1.25 points per possession during the surge, a figure that would have led Division I for the season. The Zags didn’t choke. They were beaten by one of the greatest stretches of clutch offense we’ll ever see."

This is so ironic to me....I often times turn on the last 8 minutes of the game as I get ready in the morning and for some reason yesterday I kept thinking to myself "the kids were incredible....I think they scored on every possession down the stretch".

Well not quite but darned close. Carl's missed layup (where we got the ball back anyway) and then his 0-2 FTs later were empty possessions but it was still an incredible run. If I live to be 100, I'll never forget that run.

The article does a good job of pointing out exactly how great Gonzaga was...they were fantastic. As special as our guys played, the Zags still almost pulled it out. An amazing game.

Comment

This was one of the best games I have ever seen in person. There were probably only 250-300 of us Shocker fans and there were probably 4,000-5,000 Gonzaga fans but as each possession down the stretch came and we kept scoring we started winning over the neutral fans. What a great atmosphere it was during the entire 2nd half. It's a game I will never forget!

Comment

Working...
                          X