• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithson (the elder) a HoF nominee

Plus other former Shockers.

From the Hutch News:

MTXE!

Go Gene!

:posterwu: :good: :good: :clap: :good: 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

where do you get to vote at?

Comment

Re: Smithson (the elder) a HoF nominee

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Plus other former Shockers.

From the Hutch News:

http://www.hutchnews.com/Sports/smit...01_30T23_36_05
        Neither your post nor the article mention which hall of fame. I could try to guess, but I am sure I would be wrong. Would somebody please enlighten me?

Comment

I noticed that, too.

I assumed the Kansas Sports HOF at first, but it looks like they are all Wichita-related. Is there a Wichita Sports HOF?

Comment

It is for the Wichita Sports Hall of Fame. Several other Shockers in various sports are nominated. Ballot is online at:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good for him!!

How about the Shocker HOF?

Comment

I think it is time to put Gene and Robert Elmore in the Wichita State HOF, discuss...

Comment

Nice story but the Wichita Sports HOF is kind of insignificant int e grand scheme of things. Perhaps this is just a start for Gene in getting back in the good graces with folks in Wichita. I believe it's long past due to burry the hatchet.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
                    I think it is time to put Gene and Robert Elmore in the Wichita State HOF, discuss...
                    I'ld be interested in reading why Gene's licentious methods should be overlooked.

Comment

[
                      "I'ld be interested in reading why Gene's licentious methods should be overlooked."

Who is this, Heartle?

As I remember the great majority of illegal findings were against Harry Miller's staff. WSU was handed a very stiff penalty, after this era of enforcement the NCAA seemed to lightened up.

Part of the problem was Gene beat the big boys at their own game, right or wrong.

Comment

No Randy it's not Heartle.

Comment

howw diidd yoouu knnow thiss waaass Raannndy.

Comment

If someone thinks Gene or anybody else should be in the HOF he has to be nominated. If there's enough information put together here someone could send it to Larry Rankin at the AD's office.

Perhaps you could call Gary Cundiff, he was recruited by Gene, and he could share some information. I bet he thinks favorably of his old coach.

Comment

On the Kansas Sports HOF website, they have a nomination form, but it requires indepth knowledge of someone being nominated.

Comment

Working...
                              X