Dan Patrick is a tool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick is a tool!

So Marshall was just on the Dan Patrick show and he wasn't happy with how the interview went. Patrick led off with audio from a national reporter saying that the reason that Marshall isn't getting jobs elsewhere is because he isn't liked in coaching/industry circles. It's not the first time I've heard this but for Patrick to lead with it was in bad form. I hope Marshall uses this as a bit of additional motivation for him and the team and I hope that Patrick realizes he is a tool.

Just caught the end of the show Watching the Box Score right to see what I missed.
    I'll catch the whole interview at 3 CST on the replay.

I love the show even the Danetts said they should have started the interview in a better way.
    Last edited by HarpBros; April 2, 2013, 11:11 AM.
    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
      So Marshall was just on the Dan Patrick show and he wasn't happy with how the interview went. Patrick led off with audio from a national reporter saying that the reason that Marshall isn't getting jobs elsewhere is because he isn't liked in coaching/industry circles. It's not the first time I've heard this but for Patrick to lead with it was in bad form. I hope Marshall uses this as a bit of additional motivation for him and the team and I hope that Patrick realizes he is a tool.
      I wanted to listen to that and now I am glad that I didn't... Our gain is everyone else's loss. That is all I can say.. except that I seriously doubt that any college wanting a great coach isn't gong to worry about what other coaches think of HCGM... but I hope that I am wrong... :poster_wsu:
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I haven't ever liked the Dikk , and went outa my way to listen to him today ,,, Needless to say MY opinion of him has not changed ,,, tottally Bogus,,, I'm willin to bet 3G was expecting to be asked about the F-4 run we're having , and got blindsided by this Douche
        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

On the Box socre they just Dan called HCGM and will recap the phone call tomorrow.
          "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Coach Angry!

Comment

Kevin Keitzman on 810 WHB in KC, kept trying to make hay of other coaches not liking Marshall when he interviewed Mike Kennedy and Bruce Haertl last week. What a girly move. Come on...is this junior high? My dad taught me you aren't going to like everyone you meet, work with, live next to. Who cares??

Comment

Clearly DP didn't know Marshall well enough(or knew just enough) to know not to lead into the interview like that. I don't blame HCGM for being pissed. DP said he wasn't trying to be manipulative, but he very obviously was.

We all know that HCGM is all basketball all the time. He can break it down better than anyone.

If DP had led with basketball questions the interview would have gone better and he may have been able to slip in those types of questions. I seriously doubt it would have gone any better...

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  Clearly DP didn't know Marshall well enough(or knew just enough) to know not to lead into the interview like that. I don't blame HCGM for being pissed. DP said he wasn't trying to be manipulative, but he very obviously was.

We all know that HCGM is all basketball all the time. He can break it down better than anyone.

If DP had led with basketball questions the interview would have gone better and he may have been able to slip in those types of questions. I seriously doubt it would have gone any better...
                  He should do his homework:

Gregg Marshall is sort of the same way: There are few coaches in the country who don't make it clear Marshall is one of the smartest guys in the business. Arguably more impressive is what Marshall said in Los Angeles this weekend, any time he was connected with another job — even the local (and then still open UCLA gig): "I'm not a jumper." Marshall has had exactly two head coaching jobs. The first was at Winthrop, where he remained from 1998-2007; the second, since 2007-08, has been Wichita State. In his first season, the Shockers finished 11-20. In the second, they improved to 25-10. Then it was 29-8, and now 30-8 and still counting, with a Final Four appearance to outwardly confirm what most basketball people already knew: Wichita State is a great program, and Marshall is an excellent coach.
                  Four for Four is our quick look at four things you need to know about the 2013 Final Four right off the bat. We did it last April, too, but I can't remember why the introduction was so long.

Comment

Originally posted by KCShockerFan View Post
                    Kevin Keitzman on 810 WHB in KC, kept trying to make hay of other coaches not liking Marshall when he interviewed Mike Kennedy and Bruce Haertl last week. What a girly move. Come on...is this junior high? My dad taught me you aren't going to like everyone you meet, work with, live next to. Who cares??
                    He also hit up Jason King of ESPN, but Kevin to his credit acknowledged that HCGM sounds like a lot of radio talk show hosts who can come across as jerks but really aren't. They just say what is on their mind.. Kevin has now been educated... I'm sure Kevin did not please his rather large base of KU listeners when he hammered KU on why they won't play us on each of those calls (but we don't need to go there)..

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      He also hit up Jason King of ESPN, but Kevin to his credit acknowledged that HCGM sounds like a lot of radio talk show hosts who can come across as jerks but really aren't. They just say what is on their mind.. Kevin has now been educated... I'm sure Kevin did not please his rather large base of KU listeners when he hammered KU on why they won't play us on each of those calls (but we don't need to go there)..
                      I did like his idea of making it a charity event, something that would benefit the state. Yeah, no need to poke that bear again.

Comment

et voila! DP Show interview.

Dan Patrick, The Dan Patrick Show, Danettes, Sports, Gregg Marshall, Wichita State Shockers, Wichita State, Wichita State University

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          I didn't think that was bad. Jeff ******* is the DB.

Comment

Does it make you nervous? Classic!

We need shirts with HCGM on them that say:

Do I make you nervous?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I didn't think that was bad. Jeff ******* is the DB.
                              Agree, Coach handled himself well and I think we got confirmation that his agent had been contracted about UCLA and coach said that no discussion takes place until season is over. If HCGM ever leaves it will be because of the team that won the NIT. You can tell he is still pizzed that team didnt get an invite and didnt get an invite only because of MVC being non-BCS. If that team goes to the NCAA and get some experience they probably make a S16 run last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X