Charter Flight to Salt Lake City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter Flight to Salt Lake City

Very reasonably priced based on what commercial flights are going for. See information below...

Hello Shocker fans,

A big congratulations to Coach Marshall and the team.

As we all now know, the Shockers are heading to Salt Lake City to take on the Pitt Panthers on Thursday, March 21. As we did in 2006 and last year, the Wichita Sports Commission has again put together a charter flight that will take Shocker fans to Salt Lake City for the Thursday and Saturday games.

We have secured a Southwest Airlines 737, which is what we took to Washington D.C in 2006. We will depart from Wichita early on Thursday morning at a time TBD. Once arriving into Salt Lake City, we will have charter busses that will transfer people downtown to the hotels. The plane will then depart once again on Saturday night at a time TBD to come back home.

The overall cost of this flight package is $950 per person including a cold meal both ways. Based on commercial flights and prices that are available, this is an incredible price. As mentioned above, the $950 will cover flight and transfers from the airport to hotel once arriving in Salt Lake City. This price does not cover your hotel accommodations or game tickets.

We currently have 35 rooms blocked at the Double Tree by Hilton in Downtown Salt Lake City, only 6 blocks from the arena. We have some double-doubles and Kings with a pullout couch. The price on these is $129 a night. I have also listed a few other hotel options below if you are interested in staying elsewhere. All of these are located downtown within blocks of the arena.

Hilton Downtown
    $254 a night
    801-328-2000

Hilton Garden Inn
    $189 a night
    801-364-5200

Howard Johnson Downtown
    $99 a night
    801-521-3450

Red Lion Downtown
    $109 a night
    801-521-7373

Please respond to this email (bob@wichitasports.com) as soon as possible if you would like to book seats on the flight. We need to have the plane full by Monday at 5:00 pm to guarantee the plane. This plane could fill up extremely quick, so get your reservations in early. We will take reservations on a first come first serve basis! Staff will then contact you Monday to finalize reservation & payment.

Thanks. Go Shockers!!
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\brian\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
    Robert E. (Bob) Hanson
    President/CEO/Race Director
    Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission
    515 S. Main, Ste 115
    Wichita, KS 67202
    Mobile (316) 461-7767
    Phone (316) 265-6236

Wsu is organizing a trip for$1280 flight 2pm wed
    Retuning 7am sun. Flight hotel and xfers. More details Monday.
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Hello Shocker fans,

I want to give everyone an update on the status of the Charter Flight. We are currently about 40 sold seats shy of being able to secure the plane. The Charter Company has given us until 8:30am tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to secure those remaining seats. If we are unable to fill those seats, we will unfortunately not be able to provide the charter service to the fans.

If you know of anyone interested that hasn’t signed up yet that wants to go, please have them e-mail me (
      bob@wichitasports.com) or call me on my cell phone (316-461-7767) tonight.

We know that Wichita State has the greatest fans and we all want to be there to support the team. Any help you can provide in getting us to fill the plane would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Go Shockers!!

Comment

I did the math and with five family members, I decided to buy my own plane.

Comment

It's actually a pretty good deal when you consider the cheapest commercial flight you can get to SLC is $1200.00. Believe me, it's a lot of money, but if you were planning on going, it's probably the way to go. I'm just passing along the information.

Comment

Cheapest commercial flight I found on Orbitz was $943. That search took me all of 30 seconds. Granted, $950 isn't a bad price and you are guaranteed nonstop service.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

It would be cheaper to drive, especially if you have 4 or 5 people. You should be able to get there in a couple of days.

Or you can drive straight through in about 15 hours from Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar View Post
                It's actually a pretty good deal when you consider the cheapest commercial flight you can get to SLC is $1200.00. Believe me, it's a lot of money, but if you were planning on going, it's probably the way to go. I'm just passing along the information.
                I agree it is a pretty good deal for 2 or 3. I just got a call and theu need 40 more takers! Spread the word. Shocker Nation by air, by rail, and by auto!

Comment

Oh and they are combining efforts just trying to fill one plane. :( Is spring break hurting the quantity of travelers.

Comment

As of this evening they need 40 more to sign up
                    for charter. Deadline is 8:30 am Tuesday.
                    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      Cheapest commercial flight I found on Orbitz was $943. That search took me all of 30 seconds. Granted, $950 isn't a bad price and you are guaranteed nonstop service.
                      No, I haven't seen that price and I've been searching since 5:25 PM last night. The only reasonable option to see all the games is leave Wednesday and return Sunday on a commercial jet and the price is $1193.60. That would also mean you'd have to book a hotel for a total of 4 nights. The charter is by far the best deal at $950 and 2 nights in hotel, not even close...unless you decide to drive. I got on the charter list this morning and am really hoping we have at least 120 fans at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        I did the math and with five family members, I decided to buy my own plane.
                        Lmao.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

RDR and I are going to take a chopper. We are going to enter from the roof...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Not living in Wichita, all of those prices seem high to me. Has anyone looked into driving to KC and flying from there? Salt Lake City is a hub and round trips, even on short notice, shouldn't be a grand each. It's not like you're flying to Europe.

Just a thought.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Not living in Wichita, all of those prices seem high to me. Has anyone looked into driving to KC and flying from there? Salt Lake City is a hub and round trips, even on short notice, shouldn't be a grand each. It's not like you're flying to Europe.

Just a thought.
                              $935 per seat, best price......not much better. Best price if you drive to Dallas :)

Comment

Working...
                              X