Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted on Valley Talk

:posterwsu:

P.S. Sorry, probably should have posted this in the recruiting forum.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Re: Posted on Valley Talk

Originally posted by WstateU

Nah. Once they are signed, posting news pieces here is cool.

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Posted on Valley Talk

Originally posted by WstateU

Good find. It was a nice read.

Comment

Here's another one from a recent game:

The interesting part:

At times, it took four Liberty defenders with their hands in the air to guard the towering Stutz, who scored only five points in the second half and became less dominant in the paint.
        Quadruple-teamed!

Comment

Oh, he will know after playing his first game in Koch Arena!!! Garrett and the rest of the recruits are going to make next year, one exciting year.

Comment

That's pretty much what it was like against Oak Park. They ran a box and 1 against Garrett with the 1 guarding the other 4 NKC players and 4 defenders around Stutz.

He was good when I saw him and obviously he is improving quickly.

I would rate him at least twice as skilled as Egleseder (sp) for UNI, right now. Far more athletic but not as strong. Based upon that, and assuming continued improvement over the course of the next 11 months, I expect Garrett to be a handful for the Valley immediately. Not trying to set unreasonable expectations mind you, just stating my opinion.

In a way, I'm kinda glad everyone is getting their shot at us now.....the ass beatings we are going to administer are going to be that much more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              That's pretty much what it was like against Oak Park. They ran a box and 1 against Garrett with the 1 guarding the other 4 NKC players and 4 defenders around Stutz.

He was good when I saw him and obviously he is improving quickly.

I would rate him at least twice as skilled as Egleseder (sp) for UNI, right now. Far more athletic but not as strong. Based upon that, and assuming continued improvement over the course of the next 11 months, I expect Garrett to be a handful for the Valley immediately. Not trying to set unreasonable expectations mind you, just stating my opinion.

In a way, I'm kinda glad everyone is getting their shot at us now.....the ass beatings we are going to administer are going to be that much more enjoyable.
              2x0=0, but I know what you mean.

Actually, X is a little more tha 0.

Comment

I think we're going to be getting our 'revenge' for this season for many seasons to come. The future is bright, and Mr. Stutz is a big part of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  2x0=0, but I know what you mean.

Actually, X is a little more tha 0.
                  Not much, from what I saw.

Did anyone else see when Phil popped him in the jaw Wednesday night? I happened to be looking right at them when it happened. Quick little pop that threw his head back - no call obviously.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

WDW, is he more on the order of a Nick Collison type player?

Comment

Stutz is showing surprising improvement. I wouldn't have been surprised or disappointed to see him at maybe 12 pts and 8 boards in his first year moving from a small school to a big school in KC.

The kind of numbers he's putting up and the attention other teams are giving him makes him a likely all-city pick and a potential all-state pick.

If EO gets here it might take him some time to adjust to the American game, but a couple years down the road I envision Orukpe at Center and a 4" taller version of Kyle Wilson at PF.

Throw in some perimeter players who seem to have ball-handling and shooting skills and next years Fr class could be the strongest HS class we've had since Smithson (the First) was here.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Next season cant get here fast enough
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          Based on what I saw in the game against Ruskiin where got 32/17/11 (albeit against shorter players), I think Garret definitely has the potential to be where Paul Miller was during his senior year by the time he (Garrett) is a junior (if not the end of his sophomore year). He is extremely good at doing what Paul did for the Shocks; drawing the defense in, kicking it out to the guards or forwards for 3 pointers....

Haven't seen him do much facing the basket yet, or turning around and hitting a short range or mid-range jumper, but he's a very sound player.

I agree with Doc that he will be a force in the Valley sooner than later....
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I don't want to put too much pressure on these youngsters, but I'm with you--Is it next year yet?

Let's just pray right now that all these guys stay healthy. With the injury bug that's been hitting us this year, it sure makes you not take anyone or anything for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              That's a bit much at this point. Collison was one of the best players in the country coming out of high school. Garrett is not that athletic but you are on point regarding his skill level for a man of his size.

He is good, period. If he doesn't get any better he will help us immediately.

His upside at this point, however, is immeasurable. While not as athletic, he is light years beyond POB when he was a freshman. POB was better defensively, no doubt.

The part that is easy to forget is how much better a player like that makes everyone else. Just like Paul Miller, his simple presense will improve the rest of the players on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X