Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should be the Shocker on MVC 1st Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just gave wiggins 416 min / 10 assists - horrible ! hall, orupe and white should be the
    recipients most of the time not the dishers. THEIR offensive numbers would be better if
    they saw the ball more. they don't play out top and the wings, they are post up players,
    screeners and rebounders. i don't think i have to defend hall, orupe's contribution has
    been huge as a defender, rebounder and intimadator. as for white, he has the second
    highest rebounds per minute on the team after being first last season and he is shooting
    almost 50%. those three guys are not the problem when we play poorly......last game
    hall 3-5, orupe 2-3, and white 2-2. NOT the problem.
    Last edited by garylee; March 1, 2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garylee View Post
      i just gave wiggins 416 min / 10 assists - horrible ! hall, orupe and white should be the
      recipients most of the time not the dishers. THEIR offensive numbers would be better if
      they saw the ball more. they don't play out top and the wings, they are post up players,
      screeners and rebounders. i don't think i have to defend hall, orupe's contribution has
      been huge as a defender, rebounder and intimadator. as for white, he has the second
      highest rebounds per minute on the team after being first last season and he is shooting
      almost 50%. those three guys are not the problem when we play poorly......last game
      hall 3-5, orupe 2-3, and white 2-2. NOT the problem.
      Early has played almost all of his minutes as a post player. He's doing a lot of screening and rebounding as well. Post season awards are for the players that are most responsible for their teams winning games. That's why the three options are Hall, Armstead and Early.

Orupke was 2-3 from the field, 2-4 from the line and had 2 TO's. So he had 6 points in 6 possessions. That's slightly better than the team as a whole but not by much.

Comment

1) orupe's biggest contribution is defensively and rebounding
        2) although playing the 4/5 he operates more like a 3 and seldom posts anyone.
        when in the game it looks like we have two 3's and a 4 or 5 in there. i still say he
        is a weak 4 player but a pretty good 3 player. he has no future as a 4 in the nba and
        is a long shot at a 3 if he starts to see the court better.
        3) 5 rbds is not that good and .65 assists is, well, troubling and part of our offensive woe
        4) there are alot of players that can average 14/game with his minutes and number of shots
        5) i hope both early and wiggins can become complete players because they are both
        tremendous athletes but they have to do more than just score if we are to be a top tier team

Comment

when in the game it looks like we have two 3's and a 4 or 5 in there. i still say he
          is a weak 4 player but a pretty good 3 player. he has no future as a 4 in the nba and
          3) 5 rbds is not that good and .65 assists is, well, troubling and part of our offensive woe
          4) there are alot of players that can average 14/game with his minutes and number of shots
          5) i hope both early and wiggins can become complete players because they are both
          tremendous athletes but they have to do more than just score if we are to be a top tier team
          I agree about Early's passing. I just wanted to point out that it's not that bad considering the position that he's played for most of the year. My issues are with points 3 and 4. Marshall places a huge emphasis on defensive rebounding. That's why they are in the top 15 every year in defensive rebounding percentage. We're fifth this year. While Early might not be getting the rebounds himself, he's still boxing out. If he wasn't then he wouldn't play.

On number 4, I completely disagree. Early is the third most efficient player in the Valley for players that take up at least 24% of their teams possessions while they are on the court. It's harder to keep a good shooting percentage when you take more shots. That's what separates a player like Early from someone like Desmar Jackson or Anthony James.

Comment

were not far apart. early and wiggins both are very good offensive players who have had
            very timely contributions. don't want to rag on either but we are going to need more
            rebounds, assists, and D from both if we are going to be a top tier team next season.
            mark my words, hall and orupe are going to be missed.

Comment

None will likely make it this year. I give Armstead the vote based on his play down the stretch.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Fred
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

it's not always just about stats, but about value to the team. I predict Hall makes 1st team, Early and/or Armstead will be 2nd and Early will by NOY.

Comment

1st team will be Odum, Ryan, McDermott, Carmichael, and Hall
                    Armstead should be 2nd team
                    Early - Honorable mention/NoY/6th Man - will they actually give him (or anyone, ever) 3 post-season mentions?
                    Cotton - All-D team
                    Orukpe - any all-D team that doesn't have him on it wasn't made by objective observers
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      1st team will be Odum, Ryan, McDermott, Carmichael, and Hall
                      Armstead should be 2nd team
                      Early - Honorable mention/NoY/6th Man - will they actually give him (or anyone, ever) 3 post-season mentions?
                      Cotton - All-D team
                      Orukpe - any all-D team that doesn't have him on it wasn't made by objective observers
                      So basically you are saying there is no chance EO makes the all D team.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        So basically you are saying there is no chance EO makes the all D team.
                        I think so. There is no objective voting involved with the MVC

Comment

After today's BIG game I think you can eliminate Malcolm and Cleanthony from 1st team consideration. Whether or not Carl can overcome missing 7 conference games due to his broken thumb I don't know.

Comment

maybe hall.

Comment

Do you take a breath or blink while typing these posts that are mostly void of capital letters and proper punctuation?

Just curious.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                After today's BIG game I think you can eliminate Malcolm and Cleanthony from 1st team consideration. Whether or not Carl can overcome missing 7 conference games due to his broken thumb I don't know.
                                Hall got absolutely abused by McD today defensively. It was really, really bad. I love Hall to death but this was the most watched game of the season and he didn't do himself any favors on that end of the court.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X